Author Topic: Self-Servant Leadership  (Read 151 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Self-Servant Leadership
« on: March 27, 2024, 01:27:17 pm »
Self-Servant Leadership
By Citizen Soldier
March 27, 2024

“With all due respect, guys, I’m here for the families of Abbey Gate.”

Said the man in the cool blue suit at a congressional hearing last week in Washington.

Back straight, eyes serious, spool of white hair parted to one side, he looked authoritative. Here was the Ivy League grad finally freed from the oversized camouflage utilities once draped like a battle tunic over his squarish frame.

“I’d like to stay focused on these families,” Mark Milley reiterated.

Blame Ashraf Ghani and the Afghan National Security Forces for failing to stand against the Taliban. Blame the State Department for waiting too long to call an evacuation. But don’t blame the generals.

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2024/03/27/self-servant_leadership_1021071.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Self-Servant Leadership
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2024, 01:28:15 pm »
When, as a mortal human, you have attained a status on a par with God, it's easy to be self-serving. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson