Author Topic: Pentagon urges ‘alternatives’ in Israel meeting, with few details  (Read 152 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pentagon urges ‘alternatives’ in Israel meeting, with few details
By Noah Robertson and Bryant Harris
 Mar 26, 03:58 PM

Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin told his Israeli counterpart Tuesday that the number of civilian casualties in Gaza has been “far too high” and that the strip is “suffering a humanitarian catastrophe.”

He spoke before a meeting with Israel’s Defense Minister, Yoav Gallant, during which Austin said Jerusalem needs to consider other options to a ground invasion of Rafah, where more than a million Palestinian civilians are sheltering.

But a senior defense official, speaking with reporters afterward on the condition of anonymity, wouldn’t say what those “alternatives” are.

https://www.militarytimes.com/pentagon/2024/03/26/pentagon-urges-alternatives-in-israel-meeting-with-few-details/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Pentagon urges ‘alternatives’ in Israel meeting, with few details
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2024, 01:18:57 pm »
Pentagon urges ‘alternatives’ in Israel meeting, with few details

The headline says URGES NOT OFFERS.  There are probably few details because they had few alternatives.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson