Author Topic: More turnover in Pentagon policy office as Baker leaves top role  (Read 156 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
More turnover in Pentagon policy office as Baker leaves top role
By Noah Robertson
 Mar 25, 12:42 PM

The Pentagon’s acting policy chief will leave her post this spring.

Sasha Baker’s departure will open a new gap in an office struggling to fill its top seats for almost a year. Colin Kahl, who the Senate narrowly confirmed to the position in 2021, left last summer. Since then, Baker has temporarily held the role.

Replacing her will be Amanda Dory, director of the Africa Center for Strategic Studies at the National Defense University and an alumna of the Pentagon policy office.

The White House nominated Derek Chollet, a high-ranking State Department official, to the top policy job in July 2023. Chollet testified before the Senate Armed Services Committee in late September, facing difficult questions about his role in the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan. The committee has not voted on his nomination.

https://www.defensenews.com/pentagon/2024/03/25/more-turnover-in-pentagon-policy-office-as-baker-leaves-top-role/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: More turnover in Pentagon policy office as Baker leaves top role
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2024, 01:09:35 pm »
Chaos in the Pentagon, poor recruitment, poor retention, poor equipment maintenance, downsizing most everything, wokeness, munitions shortages, what could possibly go wrong?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson