Author Topic: Republicans trying to 'stop the invasion' of migrants at the southern border unveil measure that wou  (Read 264 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Republicans trying to 'stop the invasion' of migrants at the southern border unveil measure that would halt the Biden administration's use of the CBP One app that enabled over 320,000 migrants to fly into the U.S.
Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, introduced an act to disallow the use of the CBP One app as a form of ID for migrants wishing to board flights within or to the U.S.

The app was originally created to reduce wait times for perishable goods entering the U.S. through legal ports of entry

Over 45,000 migrants entered the U.S. using the app in January

By JON MICHAEL RAASCH, POLITICAL REPORTER IN WASHINGTON, D.C., FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 16:44 EDT, 26 March 2024 | UPDATED: 16:44 EDT, 26 March 2024

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13241745/republican-migrant-southern-border-measures-biden-administration-cbp-one-app.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I'm 76, 6 feet tall, and stand a better chance of growing to 7 feet tall than this bill passing congress. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson