Author Topic: Trump sells custom Bibles to celebrate Holy Week  (Read 8169 times)

Offline berdie

Re: Trump sells custom Bibles to celebrate Holy Week
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2024, 10:20:18 pm »
@catfish1957

That's true.

He is certainly the only Politician/President/President candidate that has broken his marriage vows. </S>

As far as I know, he's the only one selling Bibles.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2024, 10:26:30 pm »

As far as I know, he's the only one selling Bibles.

@berdie

THE FIEND!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline berdie

« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2024, 10:41:09 pm »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2024, 12:11:21 am »
@catfish1957

It alienates a lot of people who are not his base,also.

I could sort of agree with  and understand it if his campaign were giving them away,but frankly,religion has no place in politics,and politics has no place in religion.

Ah ... but it is Trump who is selling bibles for profit, so perhaps you should let him know.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2024, 12:57:26 am »
Ah ... but it is Trump who is selling bibles for profit, so perhaps you should let him know.
You know I used to think former Gov. Huckabee was the biggest shill and modern day huckster I had ever seen but he has got nuthin on the Orange One, hell Trump even makes Ron Popeil look like an amateur**nononono* Here's an image of Trump from a previous life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2024, 01:17:01 am »

Did you miss my point?

@berdie

The problem here is that there are several points,depending on a individuals POV.

BTW,as a GENERAL RULE,I don't think politics and religion should be joined at the hip. Yeah,there ARE exceptions like disaster relief efforts,but in general,they don't belong together.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2024, 01:18:54 am »

@libertybele

Has he or Gawd forced you to buy one  from him?

If not,quit your bitching. I am sure that if it were anyone BUT Trump,you would  be a big supporter.

Thy name is "Hypocrisy".

Offline LMAO

« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2024, 02:29:50 am »
. I am sure that if it were anyone BUT Trump,you would  be a big supporter.

Thy name is "Hypocrisy".

How is she a hypocrite? She didn't take that position. You assigned it to her

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 02:41:56 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2024, 02:32:03 am »
@libertybele

Has he or Gawd forced you to buy one  from him?

If not,quit your bitching. I am sure that if it were anyone BUT Trump,you would  be a big supporter.

Thy name is "Hypocrisy".

I would never support any politician selling Bibles as a campaign  gimmick.
I doubt @libertybele would either, not to mention most Christians on this board and elsewhere.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2024, 05:39:54 am »
@AllThatJazzZ

Can't be  VERY sacred. There are Bibles all over the place.

@sneakypete

Sacred = holy

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2024, 05:52:56 pm »
@libertybele

@Maj. Bill Martin

Care to explain to  us how Biden or whatever globalist that replaces him will be better?

Don't shuffle your feet and stutter. The next  US President WILL be either Trump or Biden/Biden's clone. 

Sure.

1)  Biden is much more likely to support Ukraine against Russia than is Trump. That may not matter to you or other Trump voters, but it does for me.

2) 4 more years of Biden will continue to turn more people away from progressivism, and prime the pump for a major GOP comeback in 2026 and 2028 without the anchor of Trump/MAGA turning off swing voters.  Conversely, electing Trump likely will get us curb-stomped in both 2026 and 2028.

Obviously, there are some ways that Biden will be terrible as well, which is why I won't vote for him either.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 07:48:18 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2024, 11:09:46 pm »
Sure.

1)  Biden is much more likely to support Ukraine against Russia than is Trump. That may not matter to you or other Trump voters, but it does for me.

2) 4 more years of Biden will continue to turn more people away from progressivism, and prime the pump for a major GOP comeback in 2026 and 2028 without the anchor of Trump/MAGA turning off swing voters.  Conversely, electing Trump likely will get us curb-stomped in both 2026 and 2028.

Obviously, there are some ways that Biden will be terrible as well, which is why I won't vote for him either.

@Maj. Bill Martin

I don't agree,but thanks for the honest reply.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2024, 11:35:27 pm »
Sure.

@Maj. Bill Martin

There won't be 2026. Yes, the year will come and go, but there will be no America as a functioning republic. They were in a hurry in his first 4 years. If he is "elected" for another 4, they'll put the pedal to the metal. And who actually thinks Biden himself will be in the Oval? How do we feel about President Harris?

OMGGGGGGG

I'd rather not ***suicide***

Offline LMAO

« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2024, 11:42:05 pm »
The left also believes that if Donald Trump wins reelection, America is finished

And their belief in that is just as passionate as those who support Donald Trump

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2024, 11:46:26 pm »
The left also believes that if Donald Trump wins reelection, America is finished

And their belief in that is just as passionate as those who support Donald Trump

@LMAO

Not sure of your point.  :shrug:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2024, 11:51:39 pm »

Agree

I can’t guarantee that after four years of Biden, the country will elect a Republican president. But another possible two term Democrat will follow four years of Donald Trump.

Donald Trump will not be a placeholder for the next conservative Republican president. He’ll be a placeholder for the next Democrat president. And that person may be an Elizabeth Warren type

@Maj. Bill Martin

« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 12:02:26 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2024, 11:55:41 pm »
@LMAO

Not sure of your point.  :shrug:

My point is listen to the MSNBC commentators, for example. They are promising all the same gloom and doom if Donald Trump gets elected. The end of democracy will come if Donald Trump wins and we will enter a period of authoritarianism.

They are just as convinced that the end of America will befall us if Donald Trump is elected. And they will be out voting in November.

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2024, 12:05:53 am »

@LMAO

It SEEMS to ME that YOU are in alignment with the left when it comes to electing Biden instead of Trump.

Am I wrong?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #93 on: March 29, 2024, 12:07:41 am »
@LMAO

It SEEMS to ME that YOU are in alignment with the left when it comes to electing Biden instead of Trump.

Am I wrong?

Well, I’m not aligned with the left and I’m not voting for Biden so I don’t get what your point is.

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #94 on: March 29, 2024, 12:08:32 am »
Agree

I can’t guarantee that after four years of Biden, the country will elect a Republican president. But another possible two term Democrat will follow four years of Donald Trump.

Donald Trump will not be a placeholder for the next conservative Republican president. He’ll be a placeholder for the next Democrat president. And that person may be an Elizabeth Warren type

@Maj. Bill Martin

@LMAO

So,following your logic,the thing for conservatives to do is vote  for Biden in order to keep Trump out of the WH?

Uh.........

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #95 on: March 29, 2024, 12:09:38 am »
Hopefully, I'm not the only one here who remembers this classic movie.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #96 on: March 29, 2024, 12:10:57 am »
@LMAO

So,following your logic,the thing for conservatives to do is vote  for Biden in order to keep Trump out of the WH?

Uh.........

The fact is if Donald Trump is elected a democrat who could potentially serve two terms is going to follow. I’m not telling anybody how they should vote.

Keep in mind that it is hard for challenger to beat an incumbent president. Not only is Biden sitting on record amounts of campaign  cash, but he also has millions of dollars worth of a sympathetic media
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 12:16:36 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online roamer_1

« Reply #97 on: March 29, 2024, 12:22:12 am »

@Maj. Bill Martin

There won't be 2026. Yes, the year will come and go, but there will be no America as a functioning republic. They were in a hurry in his first 4 years. If he is "elected" for another 4, they'll put the pedal to the metal. And who actually thinks Biden himself will be in the Oval? How do we feel about President Harris?

I'd rather not too - But I'd much rather all that was coming from the left instead of the right. And that's the choice that's left us.

Even so, your predictions are a bit hyperbolic. They've got 25 state houses raising up an effective buttress - I'll lay my money on that, and put my efforts there, rather than relying on ineffective tangerine power plays.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2024, 12:24:40 am »
Agree

That's very probably true. And wider divisions and bigger government to hand over to em in the end.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2024, 12:28:20 am »
The fact is if Donald Trump is elected a democrat who could potentially serve two terms is going to follow.

@LAMO

Why?

Are you already calling the Republican  Presidential Candidate after Trump's term a loser?

WHY?

Hell,you don't  even know who it will be,or who they will be running against!

What we DO know is that it won't be Biden or any incumbent Dim.