Author Topic: Trump sells custom Bibles to celebrate Holy Week  (Read 8692 times)

Offline libertybele

Trump sells custom Bibles to celebrate Holy Week
« on: March 26, 2024, 10:07:27 pm »
Are you flipping kidding me?  Selling custom Bibles??  Wow.  He's really gone to far.  Take a look at the picture (@link) -- behind him is St. John's which was vandalized.  A few years back while president when the riots were taking place he walked across and with Bible in hand vowed that he would calm the insurrection.  He FAILED.  Not once, but twice and now he's selling 'custom Bibles' for $$!!  The article title reads to celebrate 'Holy Week'  *****rollingeyes*****  He's celebrating lining his pockets.  Pretty low. He's hit rock bottom.  He's given me one more reason NOT to vote for him...I'll pray for him.  After all, he stated that "We Must Make America Pray Again".  9999hair out0000

Trump sells custom Bibles to celebrate Holy Week

At the advent of Holy Week, former president Donald Trump took to social media to advertise a new product: custom Bibles.

In a video posted to Truth Social, Trump — the presumptive Republican nominee for president — encouraged followers to buy a copy of the “God Bless the USA Bible,” a gold-gilded edition of the King James Version that also includes copies of the U.S. Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, the Pledge of Allegiance, and a handwritten chorus to Lee Greenwood’s song, “God Bless the USA.”

The Bibles cost $59.99.

“I’m proud to endorse and encourage you to get this Bible,” Trump said in the video. “We must make America pray again.”

The webpage where the Bibles are sold explained that the product is “the only Bible endorsed by President Trump.” It also explained that the organization “is not political and has nothing to do with any political campaign,” and proceeds are not going to Trump’s campaign for president.

However, the company “uses Donald J. Trump’s name, likeness and image under paid license from CIC Ventures LLC,” a company that Trump reported owning in his 2023 financial disclosure. CIC Ventures also offered licenses for use of Trump’s name to sell Trump-themed sneakers and NFTs.

While Trump does not claim to belong to any particular religious denomination — he was raised Presbyterian, but now identifies as a nondenominational Christian — a large portion of Americans think he is a man of faith. According to multiple Deseret News/HarrisX polls in late 2023, over 60% of Republicans think Trump is a “person of faith.” More Republican voters said Trump is a person of faith than any other politician.

Trump enjoys massive support from evangelical Christians, who make up a significant portion of the Republican electorate. Many evangelicals credit Trump for nominating three conservative justices to the Supreme Court who overturned Roe v. Wade.............

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-sells-custom-bibles-celebrate-202930203.html
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 10:09:49 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Re: Trump sells custom Bibles to celebrate Holy Week
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2024, 10:18:13 pm »
We must make America pray again? Let’s begin with repentance. We must make America REPENT again. How about a “God Forgive the USA Bible” instead?

A lack of Bibles is not a problem in this country.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline rustynail

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2024, 10:20:30 pm »
Will there be prayer rugs and lighted pictures of our saviors?

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2024, 10:25:40 pm »
 **nononono*

Come to my church.  We give Bibles away free to anyone who would like to have it.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2024, 10:29:52 pm »
 :nono:

From the guy who brags about grabbin' the P.

I'd stay clear of thunderstorms Don. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2024, 10:29:58 pm »
Any church gives them away for free

« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 03:59:27 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline berdie

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2024, 10:31:49 pm »
While agree with the sentiment...maybe the Bibles should be free.

This puts Bibles on the same level as steaks, wine and those trading cards with his picture he was peddling a while back.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2024, 10:44:29 pm »
We must make America pray again? Let’s begin with repentance. We must make America REPENT again. How about a “God Forgive the USA Bible” instead?

A lack of Bibles is not a problem in this country.

These Bibles are coming from a man who claims he does not need to ask for forgiveness.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-on-god-i-dont-like-to-have-to-ask-for-forgiveness-2016-1
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 10:45:41 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2024, 10:50:38 pm »
I wonder if the Trump bible includes his very own study notes…. :pondering:
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2024, 11:00:21 pm »
I wonder if the Trump bible includes his very own study notes…. :pondering:

Certainly those would cost extra.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2024, 11:03:49 pm »
Tacky.  **nononono*

Offline corbe

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2024, 11:03:52 pm »
   Did he rewrite it like King James?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2024, 11:18:59 pm »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2024, 11:21:15 pm »
Downright despicable.

A guy's got to make a buck, I guess...  **nononono* :whistle:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2024, 11:25:21 pm »
A guy's got to make a buck, I guess...  **nononono* :whistle:

He crossed the line and has decided to go down a very slippery slope.

Offline libertybele

« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 11:27:35 pm by libertybele »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2024, 11:27:11 pm »
He crossed the line and has decided to go down a very slippery slope.

A whole lot of Christians ain't gonna like it.

Which translation is it? Does anybody know?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2024, 11:28:06 pm »
NM... KJV... I got it.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2024, 11:54:26 pm »
Does he sign them... :bolt:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2024, 11:55:28 pm »
Very bad idea. Only those who love the Lord understand how sacred His Word is. Trump camp needs to nix this tout de suite.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline corbe

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2024, 12:05:48 am »
   He should do a Quran also, he might pick up some votes in the Rust Belt.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2024, 12:19:22 am »
   He should do a Quran also, he might pick up some votes in the Rust Belt.

Good point. One word: Minneapolis.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2024, 12:20:45 am »
Will there be prayer rugs and lighted pictures of our saviors?

Trump has a warehouse full of Mary and Joseph salt and pepper shakers, St. Peter and Paul spice racks,  not to mention two hundred units of "The World is Coming to an End if I'm not elected" lawn furniture.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2024, 12:27:55 am »
For those wondering why the price point is so high, a site dedicated solely to selling the books notes that it’s “the only Bible endorsed by President Trump.” Not like those other worthless Bibles that aren’t endorsed by Trump.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-utter-ridiculousness-of-trump-bibles

Offline libertybele

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2024, 12:28:54 am »
Trump has a warehouse full of Mary and Joseph salt and pepper shakers, St. Peter and Paul spice racks,  not to mention two hundred units of "The World is Coming to an End if I'm not elected" lawn furniture.

Don't forget the Trump bobbleheads with halo for your car dash.