Author Topic: CPAC’s Matt Schlapp cleared in assault case, accuser apologizes  (Read 348 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CPAC’s Matt Schlapp cleared in assault case, accuser apologizes
By
Paul Bedard
March 26, 2024 2:27 pm

The Republican political activist who accused Conservative Political Action Conference Chairman Matt Schlapp of sexual assault has dropped his case, clearing the influential conservative.

Carlton Huffman, 40, had charged without proof that Schlapp groped him during a 2022 election trip while the accuser was working for Herschel Walker’s Senate campaign in Georgia.

He sought to pursue $9 million in a lawsuit anonymously, but a judge said he couldn’t. Last year, he revealed himself.

But today he dropped his case, according to a statement provided to Mark Corallo, Schlapp’s representative.

“I am discontinuing all of my lawsuits. The claims made in my lawsuits were the result of a complete misunderstanding, and I regret that the lawsuit caused pain to the Schlapp family,” Huffman said. “The Schlapps have advised that the statements made about me were the result of a misunderstanding, which was regrettable. Neither the Schlapps nor the [American Conservative Union] paid me anything to dismiss my claims against them.”

After making his claims against Schlapp, two women accused Huffman of assault.

Schlapp, a father of five daughters and married to political adviser Mercedes Schlapp, vehemently denied the charges from the beginning.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/2939408/cpacs-matt-schlapp-cleared-in-assault-case-accuser-apologizes/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: CPAC’s Matt Schlapp cleared in assault case, accuser apologizes
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2024, 06:03:29 am »
...don't tell me no lies and keep your hands to yourself... :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis