Author Topic: Army Unveils Occupational Fields that Need More Soldiers – and Bonuses to Get Them Filled  (Read 261 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army Unveils Occupational Fields that Need More Soldiers – and Bonuses to Get Them Filled

Military.com | By Rachel Nostrant
Published March 25, 2024 at 3:20pm ET

The Army released a new guidance Friday specifying the military occupational specialties it needs soldiers to move into when reenlisting in order to meet the branch's retention and restructuring goals for 2024.

Referred to as "precision retention," the program specifically highlights overcrowded occupational specialties, such as cavalry scouts and military police, as well as incentive bonuses and promotion opportunities if troops will consider reclassifying.

"The main difference, and our approach this time is a little bit more succinct, is that we're trying to apply a level of precision and focus on particular critical [military occupational specialities] that the Army has identified," Sgt. Maj. Jonathan Uribe-Huitron, the senior enlisted soldier overseeing personnel policy, told reporters Thursday. "[We're] still having the same process as we do any other reclassification -- that is, creating the conversations that take place between the commander, the individual soldier, and a command career counselor."

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2024/03/25/trying-reenlist-army-may-want-you-switch-occupational-specialties-first.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
To me, it seems like a lot of grasping at straws blowing in the wind. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson