Author Topic: Topping Navy’s $2.2B unfunded list: Sub industrial base, Guam infrastructure repairs  (Read 163 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

CONGRESS, NAVAL WARFARE
Topping Navy’s $2.2B unfunded list: Sub industrial base, Guam infrastructure repairs
Like in its formal budget, the submarine industrial base is the top item in the Navy's annual unfunded wishlist, which also aims to replace missiles used recently in the Red Sea.
By   JUSTIN KATZ and VALERIE INSINNA
on March 25, 2024 at 6:13 PM

WASHINGTON — The US Navy’s unfunded priorities list this year comes in at roughly $2.2 billion with additional funding for the submarine industrial base and to repair infrastructure damaged by Super Typhoon Mawar in Guam topping the service’s annual wishlist, according to the request obtained by Breaking Defense.

The unfunded priorities lists (UPL), which the Pentagon is legally required to submit to lawmakers alongside their budget submissions, are drafted by service chiefs and combatant commanders. They outline various priorities that were left out of the president’s formal budget request, but the respective admirals and generals say are worthwhile priorities that would have been funded had they been given a higher topline.

Lawmakers in the past have regularly added funding to the Pentagon’s budget requests to fulfill certain UPL items when they saw fit, but it’s not clear this year what flexibility Congress will have to do that given the overarching spending restraints put in place by the Fiscal Responsibility Act of 2023.

https://breakingdefense.com/2024/03/topping-navys-2-2b-unfunded-list-sub-industrial-base-guam-infrastructure-repairs/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
  unfunded wishlist, which also aims to replace missiles used recently in the Red Sea

COME ON NOW!!  Liberals and rinos aren't going to allow the US military to replenish expended weapons, are they?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson