Author Topic: Boston Hands Over Soldiers’ Home to Migrant Families  (Read 164 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Boston Hands Over Soldiers’ Home to Migrant Families
« on: March 26, 2024, 02:03:43 pm »
Boston Hands Over Soldiers’ Home to Migrant Families

Massachusetts MigrantsErin Clark/The Boston Globe via Getty Images
WARNER TODD HUSTON25 Mar 2024740

Boston officials are preparing to hand over the city’s Old Chelsea Soldiers’ Home to house illegal immigrants as Democrat Gov. Maura Healey’s administration looks for more sites to house migrants.

Healey’s office says that it is “over capacity” at its currently established shelters, so the Soldiers’ Home facility is the next that will be put to use to house migrants.

The city reports that about 100 families will soon be housed at the facility.

The city has instituted a new requirement that illegals applying to stay in the shelters must sign up for state programs that aim to transition them out of reliance on state assistance.

“We have said for months now that our system is at capacity, and we do not have the space, providers or funding to continue expanding,” Emergency Assistance Director Scott Rice said according to the Boston Herald. “This new certification policy is a responsible step to address the capacity constraints at our safety-net sites. Families will need to demonstrate that they’ve taken action to get on a path toward independence and out of shelter.”

https://www.breitbart.com/immigration/2024/03/25/boston-hands-over-soldiers-home-to-migrant-families/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Boston Hands Over Soldiers’ Home to Migrant Families
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2024, 02:06:14 pm »

The city has instituted a new requirement that illegals applying to stay in the shelters must sign up for state programs that aim to transition them out of reliance on state assistance.

I'm sure this will be zealously enforced. 8bs8
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson