Author Topic: Mexican president says the 'flow of migrants will continue' unless the US meets his demands  (Read 571 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 Mexican president says the 'flow of migrants will continue' unless the US meets his demands
Story by Alexander Hall • 3h •

Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador warned on Sunday during an interview with "60 Minutes" that unless the United States complies with Latin America’s requests for aid, the tide of migrants will continue.

In January, Obrador issued a series of demands for what the U.S. must do to stop the flow of migrants to the border, ranging from sending Latin American countries $20 billion in aid a year to granting some level of amnesty to illegal immigrant workers in the U.S.

Mexico has reportedly taken some state-level action to curb mass migration at President Biden’s request, making crossings drop, however, the number of migrants began to rise again in February, with Border Patrol expecting another surge in the spring.

"Everybody thinks you have the power in this moment to slow down migration. Do you plan to?" "60 Minutes" corrrespondent Sharyn Alfonsisaid asked Obrador.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/mexican-president-says-the-flow-of-migrants-will-continue-unless-the-us-meets-his-demands/ar-BB1kxXOD?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=1f9db9c75aa8469e8f28d7b042928ea3&ei=23
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Shut the damn border and stop all aid to Mejico until it stops illegals passing through it. 9999hair out0000
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Mexico sees Biden's vulnerabilty to graft and influence.  They are broadcasting that they want a seat on that gravy train.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador warned on Sunday during an interview with "60 Minutes" that unless the United States complies with Latin America’s requests for aid, the tide of migrants will continue."

Proper response:
Unless you stop the "tide of migrants", the Mexican presidential palace and everyone in it will cease to exist.

How's that?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
"Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador warned on Sunday during an interview with "60 Minutes" that unless the United States complies with Latin America’s requests for aid, the tide of migrants will continue."

Proper response:
Unless you stop the "tide of migrants", the Mexican presidential palace and everyone in it will cease to exist.

How's that?

Just Damn...

Jus Damn...

Jus Dam...

JDAM
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis