Author Topic: Surge of migrant kids at NYC school could push special needs school out of shared building  (Read 158 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 Surge of migrant kids at NYC school could push special needs school out of shared building
Story by Desheania Andrews, Aneeta Bhole, Jorge Fitz-Gibbon • 17h •

Surge of migrant kids at NYC school could push special needs private school out of shared building
Aspace crunch at a Manhattan school building sparked by a massive influx of migrant kids is likely to force a city special needs school out of its home — and into an inadequate 127-year-old site.

West Prep Academy, a 170-student school on the West Side serving primarily children with disabilities and special needs, is being overrun by a surge in enrollment at PS 145, which shares the same 105th Street schoolhouse — driven largely by the recent wave of migrant kids flooding the school system.

“We’re at a point where now parents are not feeling heard,” one academy parent told The Post. “I see all of these parents expressing these real concerns for why this is not going to work for their kids.

“We don’t agree with this change because we are actually, as teachers and parents and advocates, looking at the actual educational and developmental impact on the children with regard to this change.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/surge-of-migrant-kids-at-nyc-school-could-push-special-needs-school-out-of-shared-building/ar-BB1kvZml?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=1f9db9c75aa8469e8f28d7b042928ea3&ei=12
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
So what?  Illegal aliens deserve more that American citizen special needs kids any day of the week. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson