Author Topic: Biden gains on Trump in six battleground states in new poll  (Read 463 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden gains on Trump in six battleground states in new poll
« on: March 26, 2024, 01:13:52 pm »
 Biden gains on Trump in six battleground states in new poll
by Brett Samuels - 03/26/24 8:51 AM ET

President Biden has narrowed the gap against former President Trump in six out of seven key battleground states over the past month, according to a new poll that hints at a likely close general election race between the two men in November.

A Bloomberg News/Morning Consult poll, published Tuesday found Biden still trailing Trump overall among all voters in the seven battleground states likely to determine the outcome of the election. But it had good news for Biden as he chipped away at Trump’s lead almost across the board, and overtook the former president in one state.

The poll found Biden doing particularly well in the Blue Wall states of Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

Biden is leading Trump by 1 percentage point in the Badger State after previously trailing him by 4 points in a February survey.

In Michigan and Pennsylvania, the two candidates are tied, 45-45. A February poll showed Trump ahead in Michigan by 2 percentage points and ahead in Pennsylvania by 6 percentage points.

Biden weakened Trump’s lead in Nevada, narrowing it from 6 points in a February survey to 2 percentage points in Tuesday’s poll.

The incumbent also closed the gap on Trump in Arizona, though he still trails by 5 percentage points, and in North Carolina, where the former president is still leading by 6 percentage points.

Trump managed to expand his lead in Georgia from 6 percentage points to 7 points, the poll found.

Overall, the likely GOP nominee still leads Biden among swing state voters, 47 percent to 43 percent, the survey found.

The Bloomberg/Morning Consult poll surveyed 4,932 registered voters in the seven swing states from March 8-15. It has a margin of error of 3 points in Arizona, Georgia and Pennsylvania; 4 points in Michigan North Carolina and Wisconsin and 5 points in Nevada.

Biden’s performance in the poll was buoyed in part by his State of the Union address in early March, where he aggressively contrasted his agenda with Trump’s rhetoric and actions during his first term in office.

The president has since embarked on a campaign blitz, visiting Georgia, Arizona, Wisconsin, Michigan, Nevada and Pennsylvania in recent weeks. Biden and Vice President Harris will travel to North Carolina Tuesday to discuss their health care agenda.

Trump, meanwhile, has only held one event since he became the presumptive GOP nominee: A rally in Ohio for his preferred Senate candidate ahead of a primary there.

He was in court on Monday, and his trial in New York over an alleged hush money scheme will begin in April.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4556145-biden-gains-on-trump-six-battleground-states-survey/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Biden gains on Trump in six battleground states in new poll
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2024, 01:32:25 pm »
God help us all...how can this be true.. 888mouth
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2024, 01:35:30 pm »
God help us all...how can this be true.. 888mouth

I doubt it is.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2024, 01:48:44 pm »
Relax.  We'll all get ulcers, hanging on to slight bumps in one dircection or other.  First, realize that Blomberg always has had a left bias.  Look at their  founder, if you want to get an idea.  I've read their demographic and questioning methodology, and the bias is highly evident.

In the world of polling, I typically like to rely on Rasmussen more than others.  Seems least biased.   Plus, there are several other party sponsored push polls on both sides that should be disregarded at the onset.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2024, 02:16:46 pm »
Feel the Joementum. 

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2024, 02:20:05 pm »
Feel the Joementum.

Feels like a moverment (bowel)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2024, 02:28:38 pm »
Polls! :3:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2024, 02:43:41 pm »
Polls! :3:

Good, bad or ugly.....  It's all we got to make strategic decisons and course corrections.   My main contention is we need to focus on trends instead of daily bumps.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2024, 02:56:07 pm »
Good, bad or ugly.....  It's all we got to make strategic decisons and course corrections.   My main contention is we need to focus on trends instead of daily bumps.

And my main contention, based on many years of experience in the field, that these for public consumption polls are designed to drive opinions rather than measure them.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2024, 02:59:18 pm »
And my main contention, based on many years of experience in the field, that these for public consumption polls are designed to drive opinions rather than measure them.

That's why we give some pollsters more credence  over others.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2024, 03:16:26 pm »
Well I for one believe the poll, I mean just look how well things are going right now, the world is in turmoil with wars in Ukraine and Gaza , we are essentially at war with the Houthi, inflation is still increasing, gas is up fifty cents in less than two weeks(where I am) ILLEGAL immigration is still unchecked with terrorists, murderers, rapists, common criminals and drugs flooding across the border......with such Biden success stories how could his poll numbers not be going up? /S