Author Topic: Dem Rep. Quigley: It’s Harder to Help Israel When Netanyahu Hurts Feelings by Criticizing Biden and  (Read 1289 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dem Rep. Quigley: It’s Harder to Help Israel When Netanyahu Hurts Feelings by Criticizing Biden and Us

Ian Hanchett 26 Mar 2024

On Monday’s edition of NBC’s “MTP Now,” Rep. Mike Quigley (D-IL) stated that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is making it more difficult to get help to Israel as it fights Hamas by criticizing President Joe Biden and members of Congress.

Host Ryan Nobles asked, “[L]ast week, Sen. Chris Coons (D-DE) told us that he would support restricting aid to Israel if they went forward with their plans to invade Rafah. Where do you stand on that issue?”

Quigley responded, “I think everyone supports and appreciates the President’s efforts to get the hostages released and a ceasefire. The fact is, some things are not negotiable or shouldn’t be, and one is aid getting into the Palestinians, there needs to be a ceasefire, the hostages have to be released, and then, long-term, a peace deal that protects Israel’s security and provides for a two-state solution. Bibi Netanyahu is not making this easier. Indeed, I see he’s pulled back on his plans to visit. I don’t know that that’s a bad thing, given that the word I heard used about him that’s most accurate is somewhat radioactive, someone who’s trying to get help — and I want to help him do that, and he doesn’t make it easier by publicly criticizing the President and many of us.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/03/26/dem-rep-quigley-its-harder-to-help-israel-when-netanyahu-hurts-feelings-by-criticizing-biden-and-us/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Sorry, but I've got to throw down some strong Texas language on this crap! What a bunch of titty babies!!  :thud:
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 01:27:59 pm by AllThatJazzZ »

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Sorry, but I've got to throw down some strong Texas language on this crap! What a bunch of titty babies!!  :thud:
Um, I expected Texas to have stronger language than that :silly: :silly: :silly: :tongue2: I'm afraid if I used just mild California language to describe my opinion of him and democrats I would earn a time out..... :pondering: then again, is it California language or just me :whistle:

Offline PeteS in CA

PM Netanyahu isn't kowtowing to his colonialist-imperialist master! How impudent!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online AllThatJazzZ

Um, I expected Texas to have stronger language than that :silly: :silly: :silly: :tongue2: I'm afraid if I used just mild California language to describe my opinion of him and democrats I would earn a time out..... :pondering: then again, is it California language or just me :whistle:

@GtHawk

:silly: :silly: :silly:

Yes, I'm a Texas gal, but I'm bound by the decorum I learned throughout my years. I gave a warning that something a little off-color was coming, so I felt safe to let my guard down. IRL, I would only say such a thing around people I know well. If I'd used that phrase when I was living in California, I think there might have been some mild apoplexy from those around me.  888mouth Of course, that was a whole nother era. (1970s)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Joe's itty bitty feelings are hurt?  Tuff titty you pants full of poop fish-eyed fool.

Ask Jill for your nuts back.  She has them in a mason jar in the West Wing pantry closet next to the Ice Cream cones.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Dem Rep. Quigley: It’s Harder to Help Israel When Netanyahu Hurts Feelings by Criticizing Biden and Us

Ian Hanchett 26 Mar 2024

On Monday’s edition of NBC’s “MTP Now,” Rep. Mike Quigley (D-IL) stated that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is making it more difficult to get help to Israel as it fights Hamas by criticizing President Joe Biden and members of Congress.

Host Ryan Nobles asked, “[L]ast week, Sen. Chris Coons (D-DE) told us that he would support restricting aid to Israel if they went forward with their plans to invade Rafah. Where do you stand on that issue?”

Quigley responded, “I think everyone supports and appreciates the President’s efforts to get the hostages released and a ceasefire. The fact is, some things are not negotiable or shouldn’t be, and one is aid getting into the Palestinians, there needs to be a ceasefire, the hostages have to be released, and then, long-term, a peace deal that protects Israel’s security and provides for a two-state solution. Bibi Netanyahu is not making this easier. Indeed, I see he’s pulled back on his plans to visit. I don’t know that that’s a bad thing, given that the word I heard used about him that’s most accurate is somewhat radioactive, someone who’s trying to get help — and I want to help him do that, and he doesn’t make it easier by publicly criticizing the President and many of us.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/03/26/dem-rep-quigley-its-harder-to-help-israel-when-netanyahu-hurts-feelings-by-criticizing-biden-and-us/
Panty waists...I've got no use or time for fools who use "feelings" as a bellwether on what is right or not.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline GtHawk

@GtHawk

Yes, I'm a Texas gal, but I'm bound by the decorum I learned throughout my years. I gave a warning that something a little off-color was coming, so I felt safe to let my guard down. IRL, I would only say such a thing around people I know well. If I'd used that phrase when I was living in California, I think there might have been some mild apoplexy from those around me.  888mouth Of course, that was a whole nother era. (1970s)
Well I applaud and respect your decorum, but we must be thinking of a different California in the 70's  :silly: I clearly recall my working with a dozen and a half college age waitresses and their, shall we say colorful language which caught my far from virgin 16 year old ears completely off guard with its saltiness :whistle:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
In other words bend over and kiss my butt because I'm important.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

In other words bend over and kiss my butt because I'm important.

I think you're misrepresenting what Netanyahu said.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I think you're misrepresenting what Netanyahu said.

I was referring to Rep Quigley.
The Republic is lost.

Online AllThatJazzZ

Well I applaud and respect your decorum, but we must be thinking of a different California in the 70's  :silly: I clearly recall my working with a dozen and a half college age waitresses and their, shall we say colorful language which caught my far from virgin 16 year old ears completely off guard with its saltiness :whistle:

@GtHawk

I'm sure it has to do with the people you're surrounded by. I was an L.A. suburban housewife with stepkids in jr. high. Little League. Drill Team. Stuff like that. There was the occasional hell or damn but rarely anything stronger. The S-word was reserved for thwacking you thumb with a hammer. I honestly don't remember any F-bombs. Also in those days, there was a courtesy extended to women in that you refrained from the salty language in a lady's presence. Not gonna lie -- I do miss those days. People were FAR more articulate in those days.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I was referring to Rep Quigley.

Rep Quigley, along with most of his colleagues, need to be strongly reminded as to who they work for!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GtHawk

@GtHawk

I'm sure it has to do with the people you're surrounded by. I was an L.A. suburban housewife with stepkids in jr. high. Little League. Drill Team. Stuff like that. There was the occasional hell or damn but rarely anything stronger. The S-word was reserved for thwacking you thumb with a hammer. I honestly don't remember any F-bombs. Also in those days, there was a courtesy extended to women in that you refrained from the salty language in a lady's presence. Not gonna lie -- I do miss those days. People were FAR more articulate in those days.
Actually it's because of that courtesy that you speak of that I was so, um, surprised by those college girls. I had never before or since been around so many raunchy, yeah that's the descriptive, women before or since. And I have to say they took distinct pleasure in it :silly: :silly: But that was a great time and job working the steakhouse at Knotts, the managers stayed in their offices so it was pretty free wheeling, especially behind the closed doors where we worked. I have to say I miss those days.

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
Yep!

Online AllThatJazzZ

Actually it's because of that courtesy that you speak of that I was so, um, surprised by those college girls. I had never before or since been around so many raunchy, yeah that's the descriptive, women before or since. And I have to say they took distinct pleasure in it :silly: :silly: But that was a great time and job working the steakhouse at Knotts, the managers stayed in their offices so it was pretty free wheeling, especially behind the closed doors where we worked. I have to say I miss those days.

@GtHawk

Believe it or not, this Texas gal (who LOVES Texas with a passion) misses SoCal. I was back there 7 years ago today for about a week. It was so hard to see what she's become. Yes, there were some problems then, but the world hadn't gone bat $#!t crazy yet, so it was still within the range of normal. At least in my world. Reagan was Governor, succeeded by Jerry Brown. Tom Bradley was Mayor. I left in '76, and didn't follow what was going on in California politics. All I know is that the SoCal I left in '76 didn't resemble the SoCal I returned to in '17.  8888crybaby

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@GtHawk

You done good, m'am!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
 "Hurt feelings" is the headline's spin.   The statement didn't mention "feelings" at all.

I wish conservative.outlets like Breitbart wouldn't do that.  Because what happens is that well-meaning conservatives read misleading headlines, repeat them to others as if they were fact, and then are easily discredited because they've got their facts wrong.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"Hurt feelings" is the headline's spin.   The statement didn't mention "feelings" at all.

I wish conservative.outlets like Breitbart wouldn't do that.  Because what happens is that well-meaning conservatives read misleading headlines, repeat them to others as if they were fact, and then are easily discredited because they've got their facts wrong.

@Maj. Bill Martin

The entire strategy of the Left is "emotion" and "feelings"...not reality.

If the Saudi 19 terrorists who pulled off September 11th had not used the "antiseptic" weapon of jet airliners killing almost 2400 American souls in hours...

....and instead used rifles and knives on Americans (they did of course use boxcutters to terrorize passengers)

...raping young women...cutting off their breast while in the act...roasting babies/toddlers while forcing parents to watch

would WE have accepted a UN demand for a Cease-Fire??

Hell no!  The entire Gaza strip would have been bulldozed into the Mediterranean Sea.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@Maj. Bill Martin

The entire strategy of the Left is "emotion" and "feelings"...not reality.

It's certainly their most common strategy, but that doesn't make this particular headline any less misleading.

If the Saudi 19 terrorists who pulled off September 11th had not used the "antiseptic" weapon of jet airliners killing almost 2400 American souls in hours...

....and instead used rifles and knives on Americans (they did of course use boxcutters to terrorize passengers)

...raping young women...cutting off their breast while in the act...roasting babies/toddlers while forcing parents to watch

would WE have accepted a UN demand for a Cease-Fire??

Hell no!  The entire Gaza strip would have been bulldozed into the Mediterranean Sea.

Or at least, that"s what should happen. But none of that is relevant to the accuracy of the headline.  I read the headline, though "what kind of dumbasses would say publicly that Netanyahu hurt their feelings", but it turned out nobody actually said that.

That was my only point.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 06:36:11 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
how many Biden stooges will accept what they did by lieing for Joe and blaming Trump for what Biden has accomplished?  Woke whores are determined to America to its end.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions