Author Topic: Hail storm in Texas Yesterday destroys thousands of acres of Solar farms  (Read 2226 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Hail storm destroys thousands of acres of solar panels in Texas
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2024, 01:09:01 pm »
Citizen Free Press
@CitizenFreePres
From
Corey Thompson 3/25/2024

Al Gore, please pick up the red emergency phone.

Hail storm in Texas yesterday destroys thousands of acres of solar farms.

The Climate Mafia was unavailable for comment.

https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/status/1772466901345599716

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Re: Hail storm destroys thousands of acres of solar panels in Texas
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2024, 01:15:31 pm »
@MOD3

Already posted Here

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2024, 01:36:54 pm »
Enviro-whackos have become the royal practioners of the laws of unintended consequences.

Anyone seen a tally of the environmental coosts impact?  Many panels meet the EPA hazardoous waste criteria for Cadmium and Lead. 

Back before I retired (2012) a 30 yard rolloff of Universal Waste would cost about $2-3K for transporation and disposal.  Just think how many rollooffs will be generated.    The whole Enviro-whacko green agenda has been an epic disaster.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2024, 06:43:39 pm »
Enviro-whackos have become the royal practioners of the laws of unintended consequences.

Anyone seen a tally of the environmental coosts impact?  Many panels meet the EPA hazardoous waste criteria for Cadmium and Lead. 

Back before I retired (2012) a 30 yard rolloff of Universal Waste would cost about $2-3K for transporation and disposal.  Just think how many rollooffs will be generated.    The whole Enviro-whacko green agenda has been an epic disaster.

@catfish1957

Have you ever had occasion to refute the climate nonsense to an audience? It seems like you could poke holes in the hysteria with your knowledge.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2024, 07:09:21 pm »
@catfish1957

Have you ever had occasion to refute the climate nonsense to an audience? It seems like you could poke holes in the hysteria with your knowledge.

By my 35 year association with Big Oil, my credentials and motives would be called into question. 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 08:53:41 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2024, 08:45:40 pm »

I wonder if they will attempt to rebuild this?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2024, 08:48:35 pm »
This is why I wanted to figure out how to fold mine up and put them away in bad weather.

This is a real vulnerability.

Online rustynail

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2024, 08:58:10 pm »
No problem.  With 'smart meters' rates can be adjusted instantly to cover the loss.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2024, 09:29:09 pm »
I wonder if they will attempt to rebuild this?

We know who will pay for the cleanup.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2024, 10:27:36 pm »
We know who will pay for the cleanup.

...which will be a Hazmat cleanup.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Hailstorm in Texas destroys thousands of acres of solar farms
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2024, 09:31:34 am »
Hailstorm in Texas destroys thousands of acres of solar farms
16 hours ago Charles Rotter 107 Comments

Close up of the destruction from ABC 13 Houston, still from video. Full video link in caption.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/news/neighbors-next-to-solar-panel-farm-hammered-by-hail-worried-of-leak/vi-BB1knBT3?t=33
Locals are very worried about water contamination.

Experts said that most of the time, large solar farm panels are made of compound cadmium telluride.

This is something Kaminski is worried about because he uses well water.

“That’s what we take a shower with, we drink with,” Kaminski explained. “It could be in our water now.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fort-bend-co-neighbors-want-to-know-whether-solar-panel-farms-hailstorm-damage-leaked-chemicals/ar-BB1knNRW
H/T Yooper, Frazier, karlomonte

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/03/26/hailstorm-in-texas-destroys-thousands-of-acres-of-solar-farms/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Hailstorm in Texas destroys thousands of acres of solar farms
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2024, 10:36:40 pm »
Unintended consequences.....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline MajorClay

Lots of silver in recycling these things.

Online Drago

• "Life is a Journey"
Bit of an exaggeration...looks like they have a couple of hundred acres installed (completion date was going to be Q4, 2024):

https://maps.app.goo.gl/oEnuhgV8iAdL67899

and

https://abc13.com/fighting-jays-solar-farm-guy-texas-fort-bend-county-tx-hailstorm/14559628/

and

https://fightingjays.com

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Lots of silver in recycling these things.

Silver's got to be worth a heck of a lot more than $24/oz, before extraction and reclamation becomes economically feasible.  Don't forget that these panels also have chrome and cadmium too, which complicate the extraction process from a safety and environmental perspective.

Offline MOD3

Merged.