Author Topic: What's the Difference Between US Army Rangers and Green Berets?  (Read 196 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

What's the Difference Between US Army Rangers and Green Berets?
Story by Samantha Franco • 19h •

When comparing a US Army Ranger to a Green Beret, the goal isn't to imply superiority of one over the other. Both represent the essential elements of the US military and have garnered reputations as some of the most elite units ever formed. Nevertheless, significant distinctions exist between them - considerations that prospective candidates should weigh carefully before aspiring to join either group.

Army Ranger vs Green Beret

US Army Rangers comprise a sizeable light infantry force that specializes in joint-special operations, including raids, search and rescue, reconnaissance, airborne assaults and airfield seizures. While some of these jobs overlap with those of the Special Forces, Rangers are primarily deployed as a rapid response unit. Their motto, "Rangers Lead the Way," reflects their swift and decisive approach to missions.

In contrast, Green Berets operate in smaller teams of 12 and excel in unconventional warfare. Their six primary missions include reconnaissance, foreign internal defense, hostage rescue, direct action, counter-terrorism and guerrilla warfare. Their motto, "De Oppresso Liber," translates to "To Liberate the Oppressed."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/what-s-the-difference-between-us-army-rangers-and-green-berets/ar-BB1kw2XM?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=d0af6bf74ac849259ba1951b1b42d5d0&ei=52
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson