Author Topic: Biden and Obama: a complicated bromance  (Read 350 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden and Obama: a complicated bromance
« on: March 25, 2024, 08:16:23 pm »
Biden and Obama: a complicated bromance

25 Mar 2024

When Joe Biden takes the stage with Barack Obama at an election fundraiser in New York this week, it will be all smiles for a duo who collectively have spent nearly a dozen years in the White House.

But while Biden, 81, will be glad to have the star power of Obama and also former Democratic president Bill Clinton at the event on Thursday, there will also be tensions with his former boss, whom he served as vice president for two terms.

Obama, 62, will be there to support Biden’s reelection. But he reportedly expressed concerns about Biden’s bid during two lunches in recent months, saying the campaign must do more to prevent a Donald Trump comeback in November.

The White House point blank denies any friction.

“They’re close. They’re like family. They speak regularly,” White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said.

But there’s no disputing an intriguing dynamic between the cool, cerebral Obama and the older, more folksy Biden who served as vice president to America’s first black commander-in-chief from 2009 to 2017.

The ambiguity in their relationship stems partly from the difficulty many vice presidents face in a poorly defined job whose main requirement is arguably just being on hand to replace the president in case the worst happens.

“Presidents and vice presidents from the very beginning have had a fraught relationship,” Thomas Whalen, associate professor of social sciences at Boston University, told AFP.

Any strains between Biden and Obama were in any case “small potatoes” compared to some previous mismatched pairings in the long history of US “veeps.”

These range from the odd couple of Dwight D. Eisenhower and Richard Nixon to Nixon, on becoming president, thinking his own VP Spiro Agnew was a “complete moron.” In the 2000 election, vice president Al Gore froze out Clinton during his tilt at the White House because of the scandal over Clinton’s affair with Monica Lewinsky.

By contrast “I think there’s a respect there” between Obama and Biden, Whalen said.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/news/biden-and-obama-a-complicated-bromance/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Biden and Obama: a complicated bromance
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2024, 08:17:23 pm »
“They’re close. They’re like family. They speak regularly,” White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said.

Bull :poo:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2024, 09:27:41 pm »
Obama needed Biden so some white voters would be less scared to vote for him.

Biden needs Obama because Biden's voters like Obama more than they like Biden.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2024, 09:59:05 pm »
Although the “Michelle is going to run for president in place of Joe” has been proven to be a pile of hooey, I expect her and her mate to be out campaigning quite a bit for Biden

That will have a huge effect because the Obamas are still very popular amongst the left
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2024, 10:27:09 pm »
It's not a "bromance",
...but it's not that complicated: