Author Topic: Netanyahu CANCELS Israeli diplomatic trip to Washington after the US refuses to veto United Nations  (Read 1332 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Netanyahu CANCELS Israeli diplomatic trip to Washington after the US refuses to veto United Nations resolution calling for Gaza ceasefire over Ramadan

Israeli prime minister's office canceled planned trip on Monday morning
    It followed US refusal to veto UN Security Council Resolution on Gaza ceasefire

By Rob Crilly, Senior U.S. Political Reporter For Dailymail.Com In Washington, D.C.

Published: 11:19 EDT, 25 March 2024 | Updated: 13:58 EDT, 25 March 2024

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday announced that he is canceling the planned visit of a delegation to Washington after the United States refused to veto a U.N. Security Council resolution calling for a ceasefire in Gaza.

Minutes before the resolution was carried by 14 votes to zero, Netanyahu told Israeli news media that the visit would not happen if Washington failed to veto it.

'In light of the change in the American position, Prime Minister Netanyahu decided the delegation would not leave,' his office said after the vote, calling the decision a 'clear retreat' from its previous stance.

The impasse is the latest twist in diplomatic efforts to ease the suffering of Palestinian civilians caught up in fighting and to secure the release of hostages held by Hamas.

And it highlights how the relationship between the U.S. is breaking down amid the bloodshed in Gaza.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13236337/netanyahu-cancels-washington-gaza-resolution-ceasefire-un.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The impasse is the latest twist in diplomatic efforts to ease the suffering of Palestinian civilians caught up in fighting and to secure the release of hostages held by Hamas.

There are Palestinian non combatants? Where, who, children under the age of four? If only the Pali cockroaches had taken the advice of Agent J.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cms19CC9ivA

All this is just another Biden foreign affairs suckcess story.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Biden has the backbone of a noodle, and is predictable as hell.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

FTA:

Minutes before the resolution was carried by 14 votes to zero, Netanyahu told Israeli news media that the visit would not happen if Washington failed to veto it.

Just out of curiosity, what is Netanyahu's underlying threat here?   *hmmmm*

Offline libertybele

FTA:

Other than giving Biden the middle finger I'm not quite sure yet.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
FTA:

Good question.  I am guessing that the level of cooperation between our intelligence agencies might be impacted.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
FTA:

Election interference.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
FTA:

Perhaps, realizing that Biden/Schumer and the current Obama 3rd term, want Bibi replaced, Mossad suggests that it's not safe for him and the Israeli delegation to travel to the U.S..

Bibi is determined to attack Rafah to eliminate Hamas.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Other than giving Biden the middle finger I'm not quite sure yet.

Maybe it's time for Bibi to wise up and remember this is the guy he's (again) giving the middle finger to ----

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Maybe it's time for Bibi to wise up and remember this is the guy he's (again) giving the middle finger to ----

Like I suggested...that's why he cancelled the trip.

Illegals ruled to have the right to bear arms, etc.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Perhaps, realizing that Biden/Schumer and the current Obama 3rd term, want Bibi replaced, Mossad suggests that it's not safe for him and the Israeli delegation to travel to the U.S..

Doubt it ---- Netanyahu wasn't attending the meeting he just cancelled.  Besides, Mossad's busy with Hamas negotiations ---- I doubt they have time for suggestions about other things.

@DCPatriot

« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 07:43:52 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Like I suggested...that's why he cancelled the trip.

I disagree.  This is Bibi continuing a public tantrum against his strongest ally.  One could reasonably expect Bibi to decide to now tag along with his team and meet with Biden behind closed door.  But, Bibi's too effin arrogant for a smart diplomatic move with Israel's best interest at heart.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
I disagree.  This is Bibi continuing a public tantrum against his strongest ally.  One could reasonably expect Bibi to decide to now tag along with his team and meet with Biden behind closed door.  But, Bibi's too effin arrogant for a smart diplomatic move with Israel's best interest at heart.

Agrree.  I wonder how much sway Bibi has with American Jews.  If he has any, he might be able to sway several million dollars to Trump, and add maybe a few hundred thousand votes.

I mean really drive the point home that Biden and his puppetmasters are allies of Hamas.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

This could all end yesterday if Hamas released all the hostages and unconditionally surrendered.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline berdie

Surely you jest. Obamster was the ultimate Muslim US president.

I give him the middle finger every chance I can. I no longer have to "respect the office".

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title:
"Netanyahu CANCELS Israeli diplomatic trip to Washington after the US refuses to veto United Nations resolution calling for Gaza ceasefire over Ramadan"

Fishrrman to Netanyahu:
Don't waste your time with the DCommunists, Bibi.
They hate your guts.

Do what you have to do.
And don't worry about it.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House: Don’t Get Why Netanyahu Canceled Delegation over ‘Non-Binding’ Resolution ‘Consistent’ with Our View

Ian Hanchett 25 Mar 2024

On Monday’s broadcast of NPR’s “All Things Considered,” White House National Security Communications Adviser John Kirby said that the White House doesn’t understand why Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu canceled a planned Israeli delegation to the U.S. over the U.S. abstaining from a vote on a U.N. ceasefire resolution because the resolution is “a non-binding resolution that has absolutely no effect on Israel’s ability to defend itself.” And is consistent with U.S. policy of wanting a ceasefire in conjunction with the release of hostages.

Kirby said, [relevant remarks begin around 3:35] “We’re perplexed by this decision. Because, first of all, it’s a non-binding resolution that has absolutely no effect on Israel’s ability to defend itself. And, quite frankly, the Prime Minister’s office said that this was some sort of change in our policy, quite the contrary. In fact, the language in this resolution is very much consistent with what we’ve said, which is, we want all the hostages out in conjunction with a ceasefire. The linkage between the two is clear, and that’s exactly where we’ve been.”

He added, “[T]he reason why we abstained was one, this resolution, unlike previous ones — not written by us, but other countries — just called for an immediate ceasefire with no linkage to a hostage release. This one has that linkage in it.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/03/25/white-house-dont-get-why-netanyahu-canceled-delegation-over-non-binding-resolution-consistent-with-our-view/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House: U.N. Resolution ‘Did Not Condemn Hamas,’ We Let it Pass Because It ‘Broadly’ Reflects Our Policy

On Monday’s broadcast of NPR’s “All Things Considered,” White House National Security Communications Adviser John Kirby acknowledged that the United Nations ceasefire resolution that the United States abstained from the vote on and did not veto “did not condemn Hamas”  and that condemning Hamas is “important” if the U.N. wants to stand for what’s right. But stated that because the resolution “reflected, broadly, our policy, which has not changed, about linking the hostage release to a ceasefire, we abstained rather than [veto] it.”

Kirby stated that [relevant remarks begin around 3:35] “the language in this resolution is very much consistent with what we’ve said, which is, we want all the hostages out in conjunction with a ceasefire.”

He added, “Number two, this resolution did not condemn Hamas, and we still believe that that’s important. If the U.N.’s going to stand up here for what’s right [on] what’s going on in Gaza, then, my goodness, condemn Hamas for what they did on the 7th of October. They didn’t do that. But because this one reflected, broadly, our policy, which has not changed, about linking the hostage release to a ceasefire, we abstained rather than [veto] it.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/03/25/white-house-u-n-resolution-did-not-condemn-hamas-we-let-it-pass-because-it-broadly-reflects-our-policy/
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

Condeming Hamas IS important.  There is just no way around that. 

I still wonder and doubt if the hostages are even alive.  Did they release any Americans?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

White House: U.N. Resolution ‘Did Not Condemn Hamas,’ We Let it Pass Because It ‘Broadly’ Reflects Our Policy

I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you [Israel]

Genesis 12:3

Blessing or curse.  Guess which one the United States now falls under.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The US abandons Israel at the UN
By
Sean Durns
March 25, 2024 4:15 pm

The Biden administration declined to veto a United Nations Security Council resolution on Monday that aims to limit Israel’s ability to win its war against Hamas. Washington’s action is short-sighted and counterproductive.

The resolution calls for a “ceasefire” in Gaza. Four members of the U.N. Security Council voted in favor of the resolution, while the United States abstained. Israel responded by scrapping plans to send a delegation to Washington. This was the fourth attempt in recent days to pass the resolution, with members of the Security Council haggling over its language.

The U.N., which has a long track record of anti-Israel bias, had been pushing for similar resolutions for months.

In October last year, the secretary-general of the United Nations, Antonio Guterres, even appeared to justify the Oct. 7, 2023, massacre by Hamas, saying that it was the culmination of “years of suffocating occupation.” Guterres had effectively blamed the largest slaughter of Jewish civilians since the Holocaust on Jews themselves — a staple of antisemitic rhetoric.

For months, the U.S. has worked to prevent the passage of Security Council resolutions that condemned Israel or limited its ability to defend itself. That policy is now at an end. And it’s worth asking why.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/fairness-justice/2937630/the-us-abandons-israel-at-the-un/
Support the USO

Offline Hoodat

Let me know when the UN gets around to calling for a cease fire during Yom Kippur and the Ten Days of Repentance.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Agrree.  I wonder how much sway Bibi has with American Jews.  If he has any, he might be able to sway several million dollars to Trump, and add maybe a few hundred thousand votes.

I mean really drive the point home that Biden and his puppetmasters are allies of Hamas.

I agree.  He's not going to let the Administration continue to play both sides - pretending it supports Israel while mollifying the anti-Israel constituency in the radical left.

Netanyahu has been spoiling for a fight with the US. He may not survive this one
The Guardian, Mar 26, 2024

How do you gaslight an entire nation about a war and then try to do the same to a superpower that is your ally? And how do you turn a just war into global isolation and widespread condemnation? Just ask Benjamin Netanyahu. He has the patent.

Netanyahu has been deliberately and intently seeking a confrontation with the US ever since late October. The UN security council resolution 2728, demanding an “immediate ceasefire”, is just the latest pretext for this premeditated showdown. This may sound counterintuitive and imprudent to you, given that the two countries are close allies, given Israel’s heavy reliance on US military aid and its diplomatic umbrella, and particularly given President Biden’s sweeping and unwavering support for Israel since the 7 October catastrophe.

But Netanyahu has two reasons to instigate such a confrontation. The first is pure gaslighting on a grand scale. He concocted a narrative that supposedly explains the war’s context and consequently absolves him from the responsibility and accountability he persistently refuses to assume. It also distracts from his stated policy of imploring Qatar to funnel more funds to Gaza to strengthen Hamas, all in order to weaken the Palestinian Authority and render any political negotiations impossible.

[...]

The second reason is more current and practical: the confrontation is about setting up Biden as the scapegoat for Netanyahu’s failure to achieve “total victory” or “the eradication of Hamas”, two fortune cookie-type slogans that he spews regularly.

The security council resolution demanding an immediate ceasefire, adopted by 14 members with the US abstaining, puts Israel on a double collision course: with the UN security council but more critically, with the US. Netanyahu’s sanctimonious tantrums about how “surprised” he was and how the US abstention is a departure from policy that would prevent victory is mendacious. He was warned repeatedly by the Biden administration that this would be an inevitable outcome if he persisted with his endless recalcitrance, defiance and effective refusal to engage with the US, ostensibly Israel’s staunch ally and protector.

More:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/mar/26/benjamin-netanyahu-joe-biden-un-security-council-resolution-ceasefire-gaza