Author Topic: Trump Bond Reduced to $175 Million as He Appeals NY Fine  (Read 2474 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Trump Bond Reduced to $175 Million as He Appeals NY Fine
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2024, 03:41:17 pm »
Reading through the replies is crazy. So many crying foul.  **nononono*
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2024, 03:52:38 pm »

////00000////

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2024, 03:53:36 pm »
Letitia's "train" is on a short track! 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2024, 03:53:40 pm »
Trump civil fraud judgement delayed, reduced to $175 million by appeals court
By
Kaelan Deese
March 25, 2024 11:29 am

A New York appeals court on Monday reduced former President Donald Trump‘s civil fraud judgment to $175 million and granted a 10-day delay to pay the reduced bond.

The appeals court’s decision came on the same day that the grace period for Trump to pay his $464 civil fraud trial judgment from February was set to expire.

This is a developing story and will be updated.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2024, 03:56:21 pm »
Trump's $454M judgment bond slashed by more than half in appeals court ruling
Trump had faced a Monday deadline to pay $454 million
By Brooke Singman , Anders Hagstrom Fox News
Published March 25, 2024 11:33am EDT

An appeals court slashed former President Donald Trump's bond payment on Monday, saying Trump must pay $175 million within the next 10 days.

Trump had previously faced a Monday deadline to pay a $464 million bond payment that came as a result of civil fraud allegations from New York Attorney General Letitia James.

Trump, the 2024 presumptive GOP presidential nominee, and his legal team had appealed and requested a stay on his $454 million civil fraud judgment. Trump's legal team said the initial requested bond was "unprecedented for a private company," and said to post it in the judgment's full amount was a "practical impossibility."

A New York Appeals Court, hours before the deadline to post the $464 million, lowered that bond considerably. The court ordered that Trump post $175 million within 10 days.

If Trump does post the $175 million by the new deadline, it would effectively block James from attempts to seize Trump's assets, as he continues to appeal the judgment by New York Judge Arthur Engoron.

Trump has vowed to fight the case "all the way up to the U.S. Supreme Court if necessary."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trumps-454m-judgment-bond-slashed-more-than-half-appeals-court-ruling
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2024, 03:57:35 pm »
On Truth Social

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Judge Engoron has refused to obey the decision of the Appellate Division relative to the Statute of Limitations. This is a confrontation between a Judge and those that rule above him - A very bad situation in which to place New York State and the Rule of Law! Engoron has disrespected the Appellate Division and its very clear and precise ruling. He should be made to do so, and at the same time, release the GAG ORDER. This is the 5th time in this case that he has been overturned, a record. His credibility, and that of Letitia James, has been shattered. We will abide by the decision of the Appellate Division, and post either a bond, equivalent securities, or cash. This also shows how ridiculous and outrageous Engoron’s original decision was at $450 Million. I DID NOTHING WRONG, AND NEW YORK SHOULD NEVER BE PUT IN A POSITION LIKE THIS AGAIN. BUSINESSES ARE FLEEING, VIOLENT CRIME IS FLOURISHING, AND IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT THIS BE RESOLVED IN ITS TOTALITY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THANK YOU!

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
·
3m

Judge Engoron and Letitia James should be forced to explain why he ruled that Mar-a-Lago was worth $18,000,000 when, in fact, it is worth from 50 to 100 times that amount. How did the Attorney General of the State of New York force this Corrupt Judge to do that in order to help her narrative - AND WHY?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 03:58:35 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2024, 04:12:37 pm »
Letitia's "train" is on a short track!

Brain or train???
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2024, 04:14:30 pm »
Reducing bond to $175 million -- that's still absurd and Judge Engoron needs to lose his seat and be disbarred.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2024, 04:15:53 pm »
It doesn't help when Trump keeps posting the nonsense about Mar-a-Lago.  Nobody would buy a private club for $900M or $1.8B.  The very notion is laughable, when you look at the nearby properties, although I'm sure the city of PB would love to bill him $32M/year in real estate tax.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2024, 04:16:30 pm »
It doesn't help when Trump keeps posting the nonsense about Mar-a-Lago.  Nobody would buy a private club for $900M or $1.8B.  The very notion is laughable, when you look at the nearby properties, although I'm sure the city of PB would love to bill him $18M/year in real estate tax.

??? Why wouldn't they pay it?? It's in a prime location in FL.  I would think by now that he would have had the property appraised. Perhaps he did, I haven't been following the case all that much.

Online LMAO

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2024, 04:25:12 pm »
I knew this was going to happen

You don’t use the legal system to bankrupt somebody just because you don’t like that person’s politics
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2024, 04:27:51 pm »
So, I visited the Mar a Lago website - the place looks like it would be valued at a hefty sum.  Palm Beach is one of the most affluent areas in FL.

Most homes on the water in Palm Beach bring in a hefty multi-million dollar price tag.   A lot on the water on Ocean Front Blvd., is going for $150M which is the same area as Mar a Lago.

https://www.maralagoclub.com/

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1980-S-Ocean-Blvd_Palm-Beach_FL_33480_M93643-15320?from=srp-list-card

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2024, 04:28:52 pm »
I knew this was going to happen

You don’t use the legal system to bankrupt somebody just because you don’t like that person’s politics

Well, I'm glad that you were right -- do you think anything is going to happen to Judge Engernon (or however you spell it).?

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2024, 04:29:40 pm »
??? Why wouldn't they pay it?? It's in a prime location in FL.  I would think by now that he would have had the property appraised. Perhaps he did, I haven't been following the case all that much.

A private club is heavily restricted in use, and as a historic property it can't be altered significantly.  The market value would be higher than the tax value, but probably an order of magnitude lower than what Trump says.

All of these chattering heads on Fox News should band together and buy the club from Trump for $500M. 

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2024, 04:30:13 pm »
Wonder if Trump's partners bent some ears and got things reduced.
The Republic is lost.

Online LMAO

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2024, 04:37:10 pm »
Well, I'm glad that you were right -- do you think anything is going to happen to Judge Engernon (or however you spell it).?

You’ll have to ask that question to any attorneys here, but why would anything happen to him?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2024, 04:48:22 pm »
Trump to speak to the press soon...PLEASE just thank the appeals court... 888mouth
Support the USO

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2024, 04:57:35 pm »
Trump has ten days to get the money, but also ten more days to appeal everything and appeal to have the judgement invalidated.

Tangerine Mussolini has a gift for running out the clock.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2024, 05:10:30 pm »
Trump to speak to the press soon...PLEASE just thank the appeals court... 888mouth

Oh, come on ... you know he's got a mouth full for the press.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO