Author Topic: GOP Senators raise concerns about ISIS attacks against Americans after Moscow shooting  (Read 505 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
GOP Senators raise concerns about ISIS attacks against Americans after Moscow shooting
BY NICK ROBERTSON - 03/24/24 10:29 AM ET

Sens. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) and Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) said Sunday that they were deeply worried about an ISIS terrorist attack targeting Americans after the group killed over 130 people at a Moscow concert hall on Saturday.

Both Senators lampooned President Biden’s foreign policy in the wake of the attack. The ISIS-K group believed to be responsible was the same that killed 14 American service members and over 170 Afghans in a Kabul suicide bombing as the U.S. military left Afghanistan in 2021.

“It’s deeply regrettable that innocent civilians, women and children, were killed in Moscow, but the next attacks can be against an American embassy in Asia or in Europe or against students traveling to Europe on a school trip for spring break,” Cotton warned in a “Fox News Sunday” interview. “Again, this is a very dangerous echo of President Biden’s failed withdrawal from Afghanistan.”

Cotton, a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, added that he is “very worried” about the potential for an ISIS attack against Americans, calling the risk a “grave danger.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4552469-gop-senators-raise-concerns-about-isis-attacks-against-americans-after-moscow-shooting/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
They figured that out after 140 people were slaughtered by the religion of peace in Russia?  Where have they been? :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I think ISIS is the least of our worries. We got much heavier hitters here who think bigger and have much more money.
The Republic is lost.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I think ISIS is the least of our worries. We got much heavier hitters here who think bigger and have much more money.

The MSM? :pondering:
Thomas Jefferson