Author Topic: Ocasio Cortez says Democrats won’t save Johnson ‘for free’  (Read 281 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Ocasio Cortez says Democrats won’t save Johnson ‘for free’
by Miranda Nazzaro - 03/25/24 8:31 AM ET

Rep. Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) on Sunday said Democrats will not vote to save Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) from being ousted “for free” after Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) filed a motion to vacate the Speakership last week.

Several of the New York progressive’s Democratic colleagues indicated they could be willing to help rescue the Speaker from a motion to vacate, especially if he moves Ukraine aid. Ocasio-Cortez said Sunday that her support for the Speaker would have a price.

“I think that Democrats, we work as a team. I am not inclined to vote for a Speaker Johnson. I am not inclined to vote for an individual — for speaker – who doesn’t believe in women’s rights, doesn’t believe in bodily autonomy, who has supported overturning a presidential election,” Ocasio-Cortez said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union.”

“My vote would most likely be for a Speaker [Hakeem] Jeffries [D-N.Y.], which becomes an increasingly likely reality day after day, as Republicans pursue further midterm resignations. But I think, for those of us and for any Democrat inclined, I don’t think we do that for free,” she continued.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4553626-ocasio-cortez-democrats-wont-save-johnson-free/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Ocasio Cortez says Democrats won’t save Johnson ‘for free’
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2024, 01:06:54 pm »
Hakeem! He's our man, If he can't do it, AOC can!  Yay Team!!!!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Ocasio Cortez says Democrats won’t save Johnson ‘for free’
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2024, 01:51:08 pm »
AOC: "not for free’

Not surprised. I'm sure she has sold her goodies a few times to get to this level.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.