Author Topic: More than 100,000 migrants have crossed the Darién on their way to the US in 2024  (Read 216 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
More than 100,000 migrants have crossed the Darién on their way to the US in 2024
Online News EditorMarch 24, 2024 1 minute read
 © EFE 2024. The republication or redistribution in total or part of this EFE Services content is expressly prohibited.

Panama City, Mar 24 (EFE).- So far this year, more than 100,000 migrants have crossed the Darién, the natural border between Panama and Colombia, the Panamanian government said Sunday.

“We have already surpassed 101,000 who have passed through Panama (after arriving through the Darién),” Panama’s Security Minister Juan Manuel Pino said in a video uploaded to X, formerly Twitter.

According to official figures that EFE had access to on Sunday, most of those who have crossed into Panama are Venezuelans (64,307), followed by Ecuadorians (8,198), Haitians (6,661) and Colombians (6,462), among other nationalities.

The increase in migrants crossing the Darién on their way to the United States or Canada in search of better living conditions has been progressive since 2021, reaching a record number of more than 520,000 in 2023, double the number of the previous year, and is expected to increase by up to 20% this year.

https://www.laprensalatina.com/more-than-100000-migrants-have-crossed-the-darien-on-their-way-to-the-us-in-2024/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Wasn't Biden bragging a couple years ago Panama and the US were working together to close the Gap because it was so dangerous?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson