Author Topic: ‘Free to leave’: Agents in California say some illegal immigrants walk away without arrest  (Read 172 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Free to leave’: Agents in California say some illegal immigrants walk away without arrest

By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Monday, March 25, 2024

“Gotaways” were first, but the Border Patrol is now corralling “walkaways” — illegal immigrants at the border fence where agents are too overwhelmed to make arrests.

The migrants, sometimes hundreds of them, gather at several spots in Southern California waiting for the agents, but the Biden administration told a federal judge last week that they are “free to leave” whenever they want, meaning they can head back to Mexico or disappear into the U.S.

“They’re walkaways,” said Mark Morgan, who ran Customs and Border Protection in the Trump administration. He said these migrants are yet another indication of the chaos President Biden has ushered in along the nation’s borders. “What’s driving 85% of this crisis is bad policy.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2024/mar/25/agents-in-california-say-some-illegal-immigrants-w/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson