Author Topic: Alarmist Climate Think Tank: European Power Grid Status Endangers Rollout of Solar Panels  (Read 202 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Alarmist Climate Think Tank: European Power Grid Status Endangers Rollout of Solar Panels

Photo: Shutterstock.

From one of our correspondents.

The lagging expansion of the European power grid is jeopardising the roll-out of wind turbines and solar panels – and thus the energy transition – in many European countries. That's according to climate think tank EMBER. In a new research report, EMBER states that 11 of 26 national grid future plans are based on outdated wind and solar targets, resulting in power grids being designed based on scenarios with more than 200 gigawatts of solar panel power too little than anticipated in market projections.

Grid congestion may worsen in the short term.
EMBER's researchers analysed the current state and future developments of national electricity grids in 35 European countries. This included an assessment of whether the power grids are ready to meet the needs of the energy sector for the energy transition. As far as researchers are concerned, investment in power grids needs to be stepped up across Europe and planning processes need to be fully aligned with the 'new reality' of the energy transition.

According to EMBER, because the planned grid developments in a number of countries are not in line with the reality of the energy transition, there is a risk that network investments will not be sufficient to achieve the 2030 ambitions in the field of energy security and climate. There is a call for rapid action, especially since the development of electricity networks takes much longer than the roll-out of wind and solar energy.

https://www.climategate.nl/2024/03/alarmistische-klimaatdenktank-status-europees-stroomnet-brengt-uitrol-zonnepanelen-in-gevaar/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
So, for eco-terrorists, it isn't so much what works but what they want to see work that counts. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson