Author Topic: Boston activists seeking $15B in reparations, call on 'White churches' to commit to extending wealth  (Read 378 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Boston activists seeking $15B in reparations, call on 'White churches' to commit to extending wealth
Boston activists tell 'White churches,' 'we want our reparations. We want it now'
 By Greg Wehner Fox News
Published March 24, 2024 8:01pm EDT

The Boston Task Force on Reparations called on "White churches" to step up and pay the Black community back for racial inequities that root back to the trans-Atlantic slave trade, according to reports.

The Boston Globe reported that Black and White clergy members met in Roxbury for a press conference intended to be held outside, though it was instead held in the basement of the Resurrection Lutheran Church on Saturday because of rain.

The commission was established through a 2022 Boston City Council ordinance and made up of 10 members, including two from the youth community.

In February, the Boston activists called for the city to "fully commit to writing checks" and for a $15 billion payout since the city’s wealth was built on slavery.

"We call sincerely and with a heart filled with faith and Christian love for our White churches to join us and not be silent around this issue of racism and slavery and commit to reparations," Rev. Kevin Peterson said.

Peterson is a minister and is trying to rename Faneuil Hall because of its ties to the slave trade in the 18th century.

"We point to them in Christian love to publicly atone for the sins of slavery and we ask them to publicly commit to a process of reparations where they will extend their great wealth — tens of millions of dollars among some of those churches — into the Black community," said Peterson.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/boston-activists-seeking-reparations-call-white-churches-commit-extending-wealth
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

So let’s say every entity that these groups are demanding reparations from acquiesce to their demands

It will not stop.

Like another poster has said several times when it comes to this  issue, the answer needs to be a resounding NO!!
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Hoodat

Bunch of damn looters.  What the heck is a 'white church' anyway?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-