Author Topic: Ocasio-Cortez says there is a ‘risk’ to not seizing Trump’s assets  (Read 418 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Ocasio-Cortez says there is a ‘risk’ to not seizing Trump’s assets
by Lauren Sforza - 03/24/24 9:51 AM ET

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) warned Sunday there is a “risk” to not seizing former President Trump’s assets as he faces a looming deadline to post a bond in the $454 million judgment in his New York fraud case.

“I think that what we are dealing with politically is the much larger and much more grave and serious pressure of having this judgment against Donald Trump, and him being in this degree of debt and the financial pressures that he is under, and what he is subject to do in order to obtain those assets,” Ocasio-Cortez said on CNN’s “State of the Union.”

“I actually think that there is risk in not seizing these assets and the open window that exists in him trying to secure these funds through other means,” she said. “We’ve seen a lot of interesting transactions happening with Truth Social and other means. And there’s a very real risk of political corruption.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4552450-ocasio-cortez-says-there-is-a-risk-to-not-seizing-trumps-assets/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

Sounds like something Lenin would say.  Oh, wait .  .  .
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
“I actually think that there is risk in not seizing these assets and the open window that exists in him trying to secure these funds through other means,” she said. “We’ve seen a lot of interesting transactions happening with Truth Social and other means. And there’s a very real risk of political corruption

And there it is out in the open, A. Occasionally Compos mentis affirms that the whole thing is about bankrupting Trump, destroying him financially and most important destroying his reputation(as if they haven't been trying for almost a decade) and viability as a candidate. Oh and OMG! they have to hurry before Trump can arrange for funds to cancel their ACME certified evil plan.

Again I have issues with Trump but that doesn't mean I'm not deeply offended and angered by the democrats assaults on him **nononono*

I would love to see an honest investigation into all of our elected offals like Pelosi, AOC and every other one democrat, republican and independent that have become stinking rich on their salaries in obscenely short order.