Author Topic: Pope Francis Faces Growing Revolt  (Read 415 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Pope Francis Faces Growing Revolt
« on: March 24, 2024, 04:56:38 pm »

Newsweek
By Aleks Phillips
Mar 24, 2024

Pope Francis is facing growing dissent among members of the Catholic Church over recent decisions that opponents portray as contrary to traditional church doctrine.

The most controversial has been the publication of a document in December by a Vatican bishop, with the pope's approval, mooting the "possibility of blessing couples in irregular situations and same-sex couples." While the document stressed that it did not change the church's stance on homosexuality, it brought a joint letter from Catholic clergy and scholars calling on others to disregard it.

Previously in his 11-year tenure as the head of the church, the pontiff has raised eyebrows by suggesting that even atheists could go to heaven and saying that he did not judge homosexuals, as well as taking a softer stance on abortion and remarriage.

Experts who spoke to Newsweek cast these tensions as an ideological clash between those in the church who wish to reform its message and those who want to conserve its traditional teachings, which reflects a broader culture war between liberal and conservative ideals.

(more)
https://www.newsweek.com/pope-francis-growing-revolt-catholic-church-1882379
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online libertybele

Re: Pope Francis Faces Growing Revolt
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2024, 05:15:45 pm »
I haven't encountered any Catholic that approves of what this pope is doing, nor have they any positive comments about him.

I recently came across a group called SSPX - The Society of Saint Pius X  which is an organization of Traditionalist Catholic priests founded in 1970 by Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Society_of_Saint_Pius_X

We do have one chapel near by us but the drive is about 30 minutes from here and the Sunday mass is at 7:30.

I had know idea that there was such an organization -- they did not follow the 'Ecumenical Movement". They altar is still turned towards the crucifix and the mass is said in Latin.  This is the church that I was baptized into and remember; many of my Catholic beliefs were formed back then.

I have been to several different churches - long story short I am back to the Roman Catholic faith where I will remain.  This pope though, has much to be desired to say the least.

https://www.cathinfo.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=89qothdu4bhfh3glgl4aj228e6
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 05:27:31 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2024, 05:18:00 pm »
Roman Catholics need to ask themselves how did this guy get elected? They've got a much deeper problem than Pope Francis.
The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2024, 05:35:33 pm »
Roman Catholics need to ask themselves how did this guy get elected? They've got a much deeper problem than Pope Francis.

Agreed. A group of bishops and cardinals gather to select a new pope.  Perhaps I am incorrect, but it used to be that bishops were selected through the apostolic succession. I don't believe that this is any longer true and one reason for the turmoil from within the church and certainly for selecting such a wayward pope.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2024, 06:11:09 pm »
Let's hope next time the Cardinals elect a Catholic....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2024, 06:51:43 pm »
Let's hope next time the Cardinals elect a Catholic....

Malachy may have been right, and the last true pope has already passed through...