Author Topic: US records highest drug overdose deaths in 2022  (Read 666 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US records highest drug overdose deaths in 2022
« on: March 24, 2024, 03:38:53 pm »

US records highest drug overdose deaths in 2022
Voice of Europe Telegram channel

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced that nearly 108,000 Americans succumbed to drug overdoses in 2022, marking a record-breaking figure, as reported by CBS News.
The official tally for 2022 stands at 107,941 deaths, a marginal increase of about 1% from the previous year’s nearly 107,000 fatalities. Disturbingly, the fatal overdose rate for synthetic opioids like fentanyl and tramadol rose by 4.1% between 2021 and 2022, alongside increases in cocaine and psychostimulant-related deaths.

Despite some declines observed in specific drug categories such as heroin and certain opioids, the overall trend remains alarming. Notably, while the overdose death rate among females saw a decline for the first time in five years, rates among males continued to climb, constituting approximately 70% of all overdose deaths in the U.S.

Moreover, shifts in age demographics revealed a decrease in overdose deaths among younger individuals aged 15 to 34, juxtaposed with a rise among adults aged 35 and older, particularly those between 35 to 44 years old. Surprisingly, while older adults aged 65 and above exhibited the lowest rates in both 2021 and 2022, they experienced the highest percentage increase at 10.0% during this period.

https://www.voiceofeurope.com/us-records-highest-drug-overdose-deaths-in-2022/#google_vignette
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US records highest drug overdose deaths in 2022
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2024, 03:41:40 pm »
  nearly 108,000 Americans succumbed to drug overdoses in 2022

Eco-Nazis must be ecstatic Biden refuses to shut down the borders so more people won't be breathing, and the earth will be saved.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

Re: US records highest drug overdose deaths in 2022
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2024, 02:26:41 am »
I mentioned before, but I sat in on a meeting then involved many representatives from the healthcare industry and they said in 10 years or less, healthcare systems in this country are gonna start collapsing.

They did mention this issue that more people who are uninsured are showing up in hospitals due to opioid overdose. Reimbursements are down so the hospital has to pay for these people. And the hospitals are running out of money.

So these people that vote to liberalize hard drug use like Oregon, watch what happens to all their social services and their hospitals

We had a doctor years ago that was here temporarily from I believe either Sweden or Switzerland and she couldn’t believe how many times American hospitals will keep treating people who abuse themselves with drugs. She said her in hervcountry they would treat someone like that once. But if they came back in the hospital again with a drug abuse related issue, the hospital will treat them in her country.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 02:29:35 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy