Author Topic: Biden has ‘golden opportunity’ despite defectors in key voting blocs: Memo  (Read 207 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden has ‘golden opportunity’ despite defectors in key voting blocs: Memo
By
Peter Cordi
March 24, 2024 6:00 am
A new memo analyzing 11 recent polls identified two groups of voters that may tilt the 2024 election in favor of either former President Donald Trump or President Joe Biden.

The Blueprint memo released Thursday took an in-depth look at Biden “defectors” who voted for him in 2020 but plan to vote for Trump this cycle, as well as those who voted for former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley in the GOP primary, who are characterized as “up for grabs.”

“These Haley voters are being pushed out of the Republican coalition by two simultaneous factors: personal revulsion towards Donald Trump and the rightward slide of the party itself,” Blueprint’s head pollster Evan Roth Smith told the Washington Examiner. “These two factors may, of course, be linked, as they see Trump empower new kinds of voices within the GOP while abandoning much of the party’s traditional conservative wing.”

The memo from the left-leaning polling company notes that Biden has a “golden opportunity” to court Haley voters after she dropped out of the Republican primary, and that the number of Haley voters in key swing states like New Hampshire, Michigan, North Carolina, and Georgia is greater than the 2020 winning margins in those states.

According to the data, Haley voters align with Biden more so than Trump on a variety of pressing issues, including but not limited to democracy, abortion, Social Security and Medicare, healthcare, and the war in Ukraine.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/2933441/biden-has-golden-opportunity-despite-defectors-in-key-voting-blocs-memo/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Biden also has the advantage of incumbency

He can use the powers of the federal government to affect events in his favor

Think Nixon and Price controls. At the time he implemented them, they were very popular. But they eventually didn’t work.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy