Author Topic: Army tried to speed up debut of new Stryker, but instead caused delay  (Read 150 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army tried to speed up debut of new Stryker, but instead caused delay By PHILLIP WALTER

WELLMAN STARS AND STRIPES • March 21, 2024

The latest Stryker variant, known as the Medium Caliber Weapon System, or MCWS. The Army's efforts to accelerate an upgrade of the Stryker ended up delaying the final rollout of the new model by at least a year, according to Government

Accountability Office findings. (Oshkosh Defense) The Army’s efforts to accelerate an upgrade of its Stryker combat vehicle — which the service says is needed to meet challenges posed by Russia and China — delayed its final rollout by at least a year, a government watchdog agency says.

Development of the latest Stryker variant, known as the Medium Caliber Weapon System, was plagued with software and hardware problems in 2022, according to a Government Accountability Office report released Wednesday. Those problems could have been mitigated if the Army had obtained more information from manufacturer Oshkosh Defense before authorizing production to start in March of that year, a GAO audit found. “The Army authorized the start of production prior to gathering sufficient knowledge of key production steps for a fully informed decision,” the audit said.

Read more at: https://www.stripes.com/branches/army/2024-03-21/army-stryker-delay-audit-13383215.html
Source - Stars and Stripes
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson