Author Topic: Duty, Honor, Nothing  (Read 271 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Duty, Honor, Nothing
« on: March 24, 2024, 02:43:04 pm »
Duty, Honor, Nothing
By Citizen Soldier
March 18, 2024

My father remembers a trip with my grandfather to the U.S. Military Academy in the early 1960s to watch a baseball game. They loved the game, but what struck my grandfather, who served in the Pacific during World War II, was something else.

“Watch how they sprint on and off the field,” he said. “Every inning. The best player and the worst. Whatever the score.”

I don’t know whether the boys at West Point still sprint on and off the athletic fields. I bet they do. Their generals and the politicians, however, are running in the wrong direction.

West Point is dropping “Duty, Honor, Country” from its mission statement, to be replaced with the nebulous phrase, “Army Values.” Superintendent Lt. Gen. Steve Gilland said “Duty, Honor, Country” would remain West Point’s “motto.”

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2024/03/18/duty_honor_nothing_1018903.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Duty, Honor, Nothing
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2024, 05:59:31 pm »
The long gray line ain't what it used to be! Not by a long shot!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien