Author Topic: Pentagon uses China-owned tutoring company that could weaponize military data, GOP lawmakers say  (Read 170 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pentagon uses China-owned tutoring company that could weaponize military data, GOP lawmakers say

Rep. Elise Stefanik, R-N.Y., and Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., introduced legislation to ban DOD use of Tutor.com
Maria Lencki By Maria Lencki , Hannah Grossman Fox News
Published March 22, 2024 6:00pm EDT

America cannot allow China’s ‘propaganda’ to be hoisted onto young people: Mike Pompeo
Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo discusses Haiti’s gang crisis and lawmakers’ ongoing efforts to ban TikTok in the U.S. during an appearance on ‘Fox News Live.’

Republican lawmakers are introducing legislation to prohibit the Department of Defense from using a Chinese-owned tutoring service for U.S. military members and their families.

Rep. Elise Stefanik, R-N.Y., and Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., are seeking to ban the use of Tutor.com because they say parent-company Primavera is subject to Chinese law requiring the organization to disclose confidential business and customer data to the Chinese Communist Party. The organization also has ties to ByteDance, which owns TikTok.

"There is no reason the Pentagon should be paying a Chinese-owned service that collects the data of our service members and their families," Cotton said in a statement. "There are plenty of American companies that offer tutoring services and aren’t subject to the Chinese government."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/pentagon-uses-china-owned-tutoring-company-weaponize-military-data-gop-lawmakers-say
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

WHY?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson