Author Topic: Fixing subpar barracks at top of the Marine Corps’ budget wish list  (Read 149 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Fixing subpar barracks at top of the Marine Corps’ budget wish list
By Irene Loewenson and Megan Eckstein
 Wednesday, Mar 20

Money to fix the subpar barracks is the No. 1 priority for the Marine Corps in its budget wish list for fiscal 2025.

The Corps would like an additional $230 million for restoring and modernizing the living facilities where Marines have had to put up with mold, vermin, broken furniture and appliances, and other deficiencies.

The money would come on top of the $274 million for barracks restoration in the service’s official budget request — a sum that already was a $65 million increase from the fiscal year 2024 budget request. The Corps plans to spend that money on renovating 13 barracks, where 3,517 Marines live, according to congressional testimony Wednesday by Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps Carlos Ruiz.

The Marine Corps’ wish list, known as an unfunded priorities list, totals nearly $2.4 billion. The service’s formal budget request includes $53.7 billion for personnel, weapons, operations, infrastructure and more.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2024/03/21/fixing-subpar-barracks-at-top-of-the-marine-corps-budget-wish-list/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Fixing subpar barracks at top of the Marine Corps’ budget wish list
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2024, 02:28:00 pm »
For how many years has the Pentagon been threatening to fix the barracks? :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson