Author Topic: General suspended for alleged meddling in ex-assistant’s command board  (Read 162 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
General suspended for alleged meddling in ex-assistant’s command board
By Davis Winkie
 Mar 22, 07:38 PM

Army Secretary Christine Wormuth suspended one of the service’s top generals Friday following “credible allegations” that he improperly influenced a former subordinate’s command assessment, according to an official statement provided to Army Times.

Wormuth’s spokesperson, Col. Randee Farrell, said the secretary first learned this week of allegations that “Gen. Charles Hamilton, commanding general of Army Materiel Command (AMC), interfered in the Army’s Command Assessment Program (CAP) process last fall.” Military.com first reported the alleged misconduct.

Farrell added that the Army has referred the matter for review by the Defense Department’s inspector general.

“Secretary Wormuth has temporarily suspended General Hamilton from his duties as AMC Commander pending the outcome of the DoDIG review and assessment, and any subsequent investigation,” she said.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-army/2024/03/22/general-suspended-for-alleged-meddling-in-ex-assistants-command-board/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
He's a person of color, so nothing will come of this.  It would be anti-wokeness if something did.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
He's a person of color, so nothing will come of this.  It would be anti-wokeness if something did.

@rangerrebew

At MOST,he will be forced into retirement with full pension and benefits.

Given that he is not white,chances are he will get a public slap on the wrist and then transferred to another command,even if it is fictional command where he commands a telephone and has a couple of flunkies and does nothing all day.

He can then be re-instated a year down the road when all is forgotten,and things go back to normal for him.

He is NOT going to be booted out of the army and lose all his retirement privileges and pay. That sort of thing is for white people.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!