Author Topic: Tijuana man smuggled migrants through sewer pipes during historic San Diego floods  (Read 130 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Tijuana man smuggled migrants through sewer pipes during historic San Diego floods
The migrants had to be rescued from the Tijuana River by San Diego lifeguards during January's historic floods
By Jeanette Quezada • Published March 23, 2024 • Updated on March 23, 2024 at 11:17 am

A man pleaded guilty this week to smuggling seven migrants through sewer pipes and across the border during January’s historic rains. NBC 7’s Jeanette Quezada reports on March 22, 2024.

Border Patrol released video on Friday of the day San Diego lifeguards rescued migrants from the Tijuana River. The video was edited by border patrol to blur the faces of the migrants.

On Thursday, 20-year-old Kevin Noe Campos Villa of Tijuana pleaded guilty to smuggling seven migrants through sewer pipes during the heavy rains earlier this year.

He was arrested on Jan. 22 after Border Patrol agents watched him directing migrants from Mexico into the U.S. through the pipes about two miles west of the San Ysidro Port of Entry.

That day, historic rain had swelled waterways all over the San Diego area, which meant that sewer gates at the border were open to let floodwaters through.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/tijuana-man-smuggled-migrants-through-sewer-during-san-diego-floods/3469447/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson