Author Topic: Will our republic live to see her 250th anniversary?  (Read 261 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Will our republic live to see her 250th anniversary?
« on: March 24, 2024, 01:43:15 pm »
March 24, 2024
Will our republic live to see her 250th anniversary?
By Gerald McGlothlin

As the United States inches closer to 2026, marking the 250th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence, the gravity of our current predicament cannot be overstated.  This upcoming milestone, meant to celebrate the enduring spirit and foundational values of liberty, democracy, and unity, is now shadowed by the specter of internal decay and external threats, much like the fall of the Roman Empire.

The Roman Republic, a beacon of republican governance, fell victim to internal strife, political manipulation, and external pressures, transforming into an empire that eventually collapsed under its own weight.

This historical parallel serves as a stark warning for the United States, especially under the stewardship of President Joe Biden, whose administration’s policies threaten to replicate Rome’s fatal mistakes.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2024/03/will_our_republic_live_to_see_her_250th_anniversary.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Will our republic live to see her 250th anniversary?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2024, 09:54:42 pm »
250th?
Yes.

300th?
Probably not.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Will our republic live to see her 250th anniversary?
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2024, 10:08:22 am »
On July 4, 1976, the ship I was on made a port call in Singapore.  Americans wanted a show of American might, and my battle group did the honors.  Never in a million years would I have thought a question like will America survive another 50 years would be possible.  I was wrong.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson