Author Topic: Biden and Trump cruise to victory in Louisiana primaries  (Read 1302 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden and Trump cruise to victory in Louisiana primaries
« on: March 24, 2024, 01:33:27 pm »
Biden and Trump cruise to victory in Louisiana primaries
By
Robert Stewart
March 23, 2024 9:10 pm

President Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump coasted to victory Saturday in their respective parties’ primary elections in Louisiana.

The Associated Press called both races within six minutes of the polls closing at 9 p.m. EDT. With 99% of votes counted in the Republican primary, Trump had 89.8% of votes, with former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley in second at 6.8%. Biden had secured 86.1% of the Democratic vote with 99% of votes counted, with author Marianne Williamson in second at 4.7%.

The results did not come as a surprise, as both men have reached the delegate thresholds necessary to become the presumptive major party nominees for president. Trump has claimed all 47 Republican delegates at stake, and Biden collected all 48 on the Democratic side.

Missouri also held its Democratic primary on Saturday, although results are not expected until Monday at the earliest, according to the New York Times.

Up next on the election calendar is the Democratic primary in North Dakota on March 30. The GOP will get back in the mix on April 2, with Connecticut, Delaware, New York, Rhode Island, and Wisconsin. All five states will also hold Democratic primaries that day.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/2935673/biden-trump-cruise-to-victory-louisiana-primaries/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Biden and Trump cruise to victory in Louisiana primaries
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2024, 01:36:44 pm »
10.2% for "other" in a race in an ultra-red state   DJT, better start taking note.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2024, 01:57:35 pm »
10.2% for "other" in a race in an ultra-red state   DJT, better start taking note.

Biden has his own issues with his own base, also

The Pro HAMAS wing of the DNC is very vocal and committed
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2024, 02:19:47 pm »
Even though Trump technically is not the incumbant, he in essence really is.

Here is the historical record the past 75 years of GOP incumbants in the modern primary system.  (popular vote)

1956-  Eisenhower- 85.9%
1972-  Nixon- 86.9%
1984- Ronald Reagan- 98.8%
2004- Bush- 98.1%
2020- Trump- 94.0%
2024- Trump- 74.6% (to date)

If that isn't proof of base weakness, I don't know what is.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 02:21:48 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2024, 04:38:47 pm »

Here is the historical record the past 75 years of GOP incumbants in the modern primary system.  (popular vote)

1956-  Eisenhower- 85.9%
1972-  Nixon- 86.9%
2004- Bush- 98.1%
2020- Trump- 94.0%

@catfish1957

Do you have comparable data for Republican presidents/candidates like Ford, GHWB, Romney, and McCain at this point in their primaries?

I’m interested to see how they compare  to Donald Trump at this point
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 04:44:07 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2024, 06:12:59 pm »

1956-  Eisenhower- 85.9%
1972-  Nixon- 86.9%
2004- Bush- 98.1%
2020- Trump- 94.0%

With 94% of the vote in ....

Trump:    90%
Haley:       7%
Ronny:      2%

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2024, 06:22:58 pm »

1956-  Eisenhower- 85.9%
1972-  Nixon- 86.9%
2004- Bush- 98.1%
2020- Trump- 94.0%

Good information.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2024, 06:24:18 pm »
Biden has his own issues with his own base, also

The Pro HAMAS wing of the DNC is very vocal and committed

They may be vocal, but do you really think they'd vote Trump or 3rd party?  Doubtful.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2024, 06:29:59 pm »
They may be vocal, but do you really think they'd vote Trump or 3rd party?  Doubtful.

They could leave the presidential box  empty on their ballots and just vote down ticket

I think the pro HAMAS wing in the Democrat Party  is growing stronger than people believe .
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 06:45:48 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2024, 06:36:26 pm »
They could leave the presidential box  empty on their ballots and just vote down ticket

I think the pro HAMAS wing and a Democrat Party  is growing stronger than people believe .

Agreed.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2024, 06:40:24 pm »
Good information.

Updated information @libertybele

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2024, 08:20:09 pm »

I live next to LA.... As much of Trump country as anywhere.   Trump should be approaching 95-99%

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2024, 08:21:32 pm »
Updated information @libertybele

Where?  Sure not the hell nationwide which was responded to.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2024, 08:25:26 pm »
@catfish1957

Do you have comparable data for Republican presidents/candidates like Ford, GHWB, Romney, and McCain at this point in their primaries?

I’m interested to see how they compare  to Donald Trump at this point

I accidentally left off Ford and GHWB...  Updated

1956-  Eisenhower- 85.9%
1972-  Nixon- 86.9%
1976- Ford- 53.3%
1992- GHWB- 72.8%
2004- Bush- 98.1%
2020- Trump- 94.0%

Offline LMAO

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2024, 01:04:45 am »
I accidentally left off Ford and GHWB...  Updated

1956-  Eisenhower- 85.9%
1972-  Nixon- 86.9%
1976- Ford- 53.3%
1992- GHWB- 72.8%
2004- Bush- 98.1%
2020- Trump- 94.0%

What about McCain and Romney?

Barry Goldwater

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2024, 02:58:02 am »
What about McCain and Romney?

I was only using incumbants as a metric .

Offline LMAO

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2024, 02:59:55 am »
I was only using incumbants as a metric .

It appears that if the current trend holds, Trump will be in the GHWB 1992 territory

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2024, 03:57:49 pm »
Trump is following the Romney strategy of 2012. He’s trying to ignore his conservative base and that’s why he’s all over the map on abortion and other issues and why he’s siding with Disney and with Bud Light against the conservative boycott

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-secret-of-romneys-success-ignore-conservatives/

If Mitt Romney wins the election, it will be because he ignored conservatives. After he won the primaries, many of the most prominent voices in the movement plead with him to run loud and proud as a conservative and to campaign overtly on conservative ideas. He never did that, and he's ending the campaign on a moderate note, a move his strategists believe will capture the disaffected Obama voters he needs to win the election.

This article was written just before the 2012 election. How did that strategy work out for him?

And Romney did better amongst independent voters than Barack Obama did and Barack Obama lost 3 to 4,000,000 voters from his 2008 total

And on this presidential cycle, both candidates are extremely unpopular, and the RNC is being massively out raised by the DNC. It’s not even close.

Biden will probably prevail in the end. But it’s going to be close. And that’s where lots of money comes in handy because the DNC will be in a better position to contest close races

MAGA is greatly outnumbered

« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 04:04:22 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2024, 04:16:43 pm »
So if those percentages that were posted compared to other GOP primary candidates hold up, Trump is going to have an extremely uphill battle

And his hoping for an economic crash to benefit him before the election is probably not gonna go over well with the public at large. You can bet that will end up in campaign commercials. That, along with his “bloodbath” comment

And not just counting the record amounts of money the Biden campaign is raising, but how many billions of dollars worth of “campaign contributions” disguised as reporting does the news media count for?

The Trump campaign and their allies are going to spend a lot of time this election cycle on the defensive after every time Trump speaks
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 10:42:49 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2024, 07:47:48 pm »
Obama also had a JAR of under 50% for pretty much all of the 2012 cycle

I predict this election will be more similar to the Obama/Romney election except Romney didn’t get help to pay his legal bills before the RNC gets its cut
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 08:16:02 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater