Author Topic: Maine rejects sweeping electric vehicle mandate in blow to governor's climate agenda  (Read 120 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Maine rejects sweeping electric vehicle mandate in blow to governor's climate agenda
'Affordable transportation is a requirement, not a luxury, in rural Maine,' said Democratic Maine Rep. Jared Golden in a post on X
Thomas Catenacci By Thomas Catenacci Fox News
Published March 21, 2024 2:17pm EDT

Fox News White House correspondent Peter Doocy has the latest on the controversial new rule on 'Special Report.'

Maine's top environmental regulator rejected a proposed state electric vehicle (EV) mandate in a surprise vote, bucking climate concerns voiced by eco groups and Democrats.

The Maine Board of Environmental Protection (BEP) turned down the so-called Advanced Clean Cars program after receiving overwhelming opposition from stakeholders and citizens. The proposed program would have closely mirrored regulations approved in California, mandating that at least 51% of new car purchases in the state be electric by 2028 and 82% be electric by 2032.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/maine-rejects-sweeping-electric-vehicle-mandate-blow-governors-climate-agenda
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson