Author Topic: McCarthy: ‘Republicans Lost the Majority’ When Gaetz Led My Ouster  (Read 569 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCarthy: ‘Republicans Lost the Majority’ When Gaetz Led My Ouster

Jeff Poor 23 Mar 2024

As turmoil continues within the House Republican caucus, former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) appeared on Fox News Channel’s “Jesse Watters Primetime” and weighed in on that turmoil and the decisions his successor, House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA), is facing.

According to the former California lawmaker, the beginning of the end for Republicans came when Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) led his ouster last year.

“Kevin what is going on with the spending and what just happened with Johnson?” host Jesse Watters asked.

“I don’t know what they’re doing spending now, but when I became Speaker, I instituted a 72-hour rule that got not just the members the opportunity to read the bill, but America as well,” McCarthy replied. “You’d never waive it unless it’s a Continuing Resolution, something you’re already doing so people would know. I think it’s always helpful to allow people to read the bill, allow America to read the bill. And really, this comes down to what’s happening in Congress today. It goes back to when those eight Republicans led by Gaetz partnered with every single Democrat to decide who could be Speaker. That’s when Republicans lost the majority.”

“Jesse, remember what we were able to do in a small majority of the first nine months?” he continued. “The strongest, most conservative border security bill, energy independence. We did a Parents’ Bill of Rights. We stopped DC from decriminalizing. We stopped the pandemic officially. We stopped them from kicking out our men and women in the military who refuse the vaccine. We have the biggest cut in savings voted on American history — more than $2 trillion. We got welfare reform. We cut $20 billion of that from the IRS that was going to hire to go after us, very successful and you work together with a small majority, and all those bills had 72 hours to read them because people could get behind them.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/03/23/mccarthy-republicans-lost-the-majority-when-gaetz-led-my-ouster/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Meanwhile, McCarthy ensured we were all correct in our cynical assumptions about a McCarthy Speakership.  A whole lotta nuthin' there.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Hoodat

Republicans lost the majority when McCarthy gave Democrats a debt ceiling increase and got nothing in return.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Republicans lost the majority when McCarthy gave Democrats a debt ceiling increase and got nothing in return.

...and Johnson just did the same MFing thing!!   9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Hoodat

...and Johnson just did the same MFing thing!!   9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000

This is a bit different.  This is the budget.  Don't pass it, and Democrats blame you for shutting the government down.  But failing to pass a debt ceiling increase doesn't shut down the government.  It only prohibits them from spending money they don't have.

Johnson's political downside was much worse than last April's vote.  But a huge part of me wishes he had simply put forth a much lower spending bill, gotten it passed, and sent it to the Senate.  I share your anger in that.

Just wish we had a few Republicans with balls.  I had hoped so much that Trump had been one of those eight years ago.  He still could be.  But a prolonged government shutdown is the only thing that will get everyone's attention. 
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

Yes he did indeed!   9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000

As for McCarthy -- we lost the majority when they handed the RINO the speakership.

It's easy for a RINO to blame conservatives, but it sure is difficult for a conservative to oust a RINO -- what's wrong with that picture??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

It's easy for a RINO to blame conservatives, but it sure is difficult for a conservative to oust a RINO -- what's wrong with that picture??

Nothing. Which is the problem.