Author Topic: Some Democrats Say They Would Save Speaker Johnson From Ouster  (Read 158 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Some Democrats Say They Would Save Speaker Johnson From Ouster
After Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) filed a motion to vacate Speaker chair on March 22, several Democrats say they would vote against it.

An unlikely source of aid for House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.)—who is facing a motion from Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) to oust him after bringing the government funding package to a floor vote—might come from House Democrats.

After all House Democrats voted with a gang of eight Republicans led by Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) to oust former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy in October 2023, several House Democrats are signaling they would save Mr. Johnson from a similar fate.

“It’s absurd he’s being kicked out for doing the right thing, keeping the government open. It has two-thirds support of the Congress, and the idea that he would be kicked out by these jokers is absurd,” Rep. Tom Suozzi (D-N.Y.) told CNN on March 22.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/us/some-democrats-say-they-would-save-speaker-johnson-from-ouster-5613212?utm_source=partner&utm_campaign=BonginoReport&src_src=partner&src_cmp=BonginoReport
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Some Democrats Say They Would Save Speaker Johnson From Ouster
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2024, 03:35:15 pm »

If democrats say they would save him it can mean but one thing, he doesn't need to be speaker.  Regardless of the reasons they may give, the truth is they see him as easy and an ally.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson