Author Topic: Navy 30-year shipbuilding plan relies on more money, industry capacity  (Read 162 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy 30-year shipbuilding plan relies on more money, industry capacity
By Megan Eckstein
 Wednesday, Mar 20

The U.S. Navy sets a fleet goal of 381 ships, up from 373, in a new long-range shipbuilding plan.

The service expects to reach this goal by 2042 if it can grow both its shipbuilding budget and the industrial base’s capacity, it says in the document.

The Navy had previously called for a fleet of 373 ships in last year’s plan, and 355 before that based on a 2016 study. The latest report calls for a modest decrease in large combatants — cruisers and destroyers — and littoral combat ships, but a significant jump in frigates: 58 in the new plan, compared 32 just last year.

The rest of the plan is largely unchanged for manned ships.

https://www.navytimes.com/naval/2024/03/20/navy-30-year-shipbuilding-plan-relies-on-more-money-industry-capacity/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
That plan was dead in the water before it left port. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson