Author Topic: What I’ve Learned: Dan Aykroyd  (Read 381 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
What I’ve Learned: Dan Aykroyd
« on: March 23, 2024, 02:45:35 pm »
In his long and storied career, Dan Aykroyd, 71, has been a Conehead, a Blues Brother, and, of course, a Ghostbuster—not to mention an Oscar-nominated actor, comedian, screenwriter, director, musician, and entrepreneur. A member of the original cast of Saturday Night Live, he partnered with John Belushi to create the Blues Brothers and cowrote the screenplay for the hit movie, then later cofounded the House of Blues concert venue and restaurant chain. More recently, he cofounded the Crystal Head Vodka brand. Aykroyd grew up in Canada and still spends much of the year at his home in Kingston, Ontario. The old farmhouse on his family property contains a psychic research library put together by his great-grandfather and grandfather. It was that family history that inspired him to write a ghost comedy but “base it in the real work that's being done by people who are trying to inquire as to what is behind paranormal and supernatural events.” Aykroyd is currently appearing in Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire, the fifth film in the series he helped launch as a cowriter and costar of the 1984 original.

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/a46603087/dan-aykroyd-what-ive-learned/
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: What I’ve Learned: Dan Aykroyd
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2024, 04:48:42 pm »
Interesting, thanks!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

Re: What I’ve Learned: Dan Aykroyd
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2024, 05:28:24 pm »
Aykroyd and his wife recently separated after almost 40 years of marriage.  Hate to see them break up, but they are definitely the exception rather than the rule that they stayed together for that long in the business culture they work in.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-