Author Topic: F-22 Spotted With New Stealth Wing Tanks, Infrared Sensor Pods  (Read 143 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

F-22 Spotted With New Stealth Wing Tanks, Infrared Sensor Pods

We have just got our first look at an F-22 Raptor sporting its new stealthy external fuel tanks and underwing infrared sensor pods.

User @Task_Force 23 on X snapped a picture of the Raptor in this totally new configuration today as it was flying around near Mojave Air And Space Port. As such, this was almost certainly an Edwards-based F-22 assigned to testing duties.

The Raptor's new stores are set to unlock new capabilities, some of them long in the making. This includes fielding a highly capable infrared search and track (IRST) system, a feature originally planned for the F-22, but was cut due to budget concerns decades ago. You can read all about this in our exclusive reporting here.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/f-22-spotted-with-new-stealth-wing-tanks-infrared-sensor-pods/ar-BB1knz75
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson