Author Topic: Senators eye pay boost for junior troops, more funds for housing fixes  (Read 169 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Senators eye pay boost for junior troops, more funds for housing fixes
By Leo Shane III
 Monday, Mar 18

A key Senate leader is pushing to pass targeted pay raises for junior enlisted troops this year but warned that budget caps on military appropriations for next fiscal year may complicate the plans.

Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman Jack Reed, D-R.I., said he also hopes to find ways to fund wide-ranging barracks improvement projects and other quality of life changes in coming months.

β€œI hope we can do it, because it provides real incentives and it will help respond to the issue of retention and recruitment that we have seen,” Reed said. β€œIt reflects the respect and regard we have for our forces. We can praise them, as we do, but it helps to pay them well too.”

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2024/03/18/senators-eye-pay-boost-for-junior-troops-more-funds-for-housing-fixes/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I have absolutely no faith that money will wind up in the pockets of those for whom it is supposedly intended.  Oh, I'm sure some of it will to cover the fact most of it will be "diverted" to some other more "pressing need", such as illegal immigration.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson