Author Topic: US Air Force fields first robotic dogs  (Read 448 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Air Force fields first robotic dogs
« on: March 23, 2024, 01:57:15 pm »
NEWSAVIATION
By
Dylan Malyasov
Mar 18, 2024
Modified date: Mar 18, 2024

Photo by Zachary Foster
The U.S. Air Force, in collaboration with representatives from Asylon, showcased the capabilities of robotic dogs during the first-ever Synchronized Nuclear Readiness Operations Training (SNORT) at MacDill Air Force Base in Florida.

The demonstration, held on March 6, 2024, highlighted the potential of remotely operated security systems in enhancing emergency response protocols without jeopardizing the safety of human defenders. The robotic dog, developed by Boston Dynamics with additional hardware and software capabilities provided by Asylon, exemplifies the latest advancements in unmanned ground vehicles (UGVs).

Equipped with a suite of sensors, the robotic dog operates in a semi-autonomous mode, enabling it to conduct patrols independently while navigating its surroundings and avoiding obstacles. This autonomous functionality empowers the robot to swiftly respond to emergent situations, providing real-time surveillance and reconnaissance capabilities crucial for nuclear readiness operations.

https://defence-blog.com/us-air-force-fields-first-robotic-dogs/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US Air Force fields first robotic dogs
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2024, 01:58:33 pm »
I'd feel better if they were using their time and energy to get all their combat gear up and running.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: US Air Force fields first robotic dogs
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2024, 05:08:24 pm »
NEWSAVIATION
By
Dylan Malyasov
Mar 18, 2024
Modified date: Mar 18, 2024

Photo by Zachary Foster
The U.S. Air Force, in collaboration with representatives from Asylon, showcased the capabilities of robotic dogs during the first-ever Synchronized Nuclear Readiness Operations Training (SNORT) at MacDill Air Force Base in Florida.

The demonstration, held on March 6, 2024, highlighted the potential of remotely operated security systems in enhancing emergency response protocols without jeopardizing the safety of human defenders. The robotic dog, developed by Boston Dynamics with additional hardware and software capabilities provided by Asylon, exemplifies the latest advancements in unmanned ground vehicles (UGVs).

Equipped with a suite of sensors, the robotic dog operates in a semi-autonomous mode, enabling it to conduct patrols independently while navigating its surroundings and avoiding obstacles. This autonomous functionality empowers the robot to swiftly respond to emergent situations, providing real-time surveillance and reconnaissance capabilities crucial for nuclear readiness operations.

https://defence-blog.com/us-air-force-fields-first-robotic-dogs/
I wonder how they'd do patrolling the border?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis