Author Topic: The Poll Nobody’s Talking About — but Should Be  (Read 694 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Poll Nobody’s Talking About — but Should Be
« on: March 23, 2024, 01:53:03 pm »
The Poll Nobody’s Talking About — but Should Be
Voters want to ‘build the wall’, make it harder to get asylum and easier to expel migrants, and hire more Border Patrol agents — so why isn’t that happening?

By Andrew R. Arthur on March 22, 2024
The latest Yahoo! News/YouGov poll is out, and you likely haven’t heard anything about it — though you should have. It shows that solid majorities of American voters favor “building a wall” at the Southwest border, making it harder for aliens to receive asylum and easier for the government to expel migrants, and hiring more Border Patrol agents and asylum officers. It makes you wonder why none of those things are happening.

The poll was conducted between March 8 and 11, and involved 1,482 U.S. adults — and more importantly, nearly 1,000 registered voters.

Presidential Approval on Immigration
As with most such polls conducted over the past three years, this one shows a majority of Americans disapprove of President Biden’s handling of immigration.

Just 33 percent of respondents approve of the job Joe Biden is doing on immigration, while 57 percent disapprove. Among registered voters, Biden’s doing both better and worse, with 36 percent approving and 57 percent disapproving. Those numbers are even worse for the administration than they appear.

https://cis.org/Arthur/Poll-Nobodys-Talking-About-Should-Be
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: The Poll Nobody’s Talking About — but Should Be
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2024, 01:54:35 pm »

Voters want to ‘build the wall’, make it harder to get asylum and easier to expel migrants, and hire more Border Patrol agents — so why isn’t that happening?

That's easily enough answered.  The administration/congress don't give a shit what the people think or want. :yowsa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2024, 01:55:18 pm »
Since when do the PTB give one hoot in hell about what we, the great unwashed, want?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2024, 02:02:37 pm »
Our government is absolute, utterly, and infinitely  corrupt.   So much anger and agnst is directed toward external issues, when in essence ALL of our issues are root caused by what is truly the biggest threat and enemy of us all.....  DC politicians, and their toadie Swamp dwellers.

Until there is a 1789 like moment, we will continue to circle the drain.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2024, 08:42:31 pm »
From the article:
"Voters want to ‘build the wall’, make it harder to get asylum and easier to expel migrants, and hire more Border Patrol agents — so why isn’t that happening?"

What a fool this writer is.

It's "not happening" because The Party is in control.
There's not much more to say...

... Except that... if the party happens to lose The White House in November, watch for the border to be dissolved completely -- no policing at all. Remember where you read this first.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2024, 08:44:22 pm »
Catfish wrote:
"Until there is a 1789 like moment, we will continue to circle the drain."

You have the date wrong.

Once again I will ask:
Is it time yet for that new "Heartland Continental Congress" ???

Online roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2024, 09:36:09 pm »
There is purpose in the open southern border.
This has been a major issue since the 80s.
Over and over again

Dems just make it worse
And Pubs let it happen.

There is a purpose to it.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2024, 11:31:37 pm »
That's easily enough answered.  The administration/congress don't give a shit what the people think or want. :yowsa:
Right. They have been slathered with nonsense about being "the ruling class" and have forgotten they are public servants.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis