Author Topic: Protesters in Puerto Rico burn American flags as Kamala Harris arrives to tout 'smarter' solar panel  (Read 683 times)

Offline mountaineer

Protesters in Puerto Rico burn American flags as Kamala Harris arrives to tout 'smarter' solar panels: Demonstrators wanting island to be a state and demanding a Gaza ceasefire says VP is 'not welcome here'
    Puerto Rico continue to experience rolling blackouts as they struggle to rebuild their power grid
    The Biden administration continues supporting solar infrastructure to help residents
     Crowds of people were kept away from the event to prevent protesters from interrupting the vice president
By Charlie Spiering, Senior Political Reporter, Washington, Dc
Published: 17:28 EDT, 22 March 2024 | Updated: 17:28 EDT, 22 March 2024
Vice President Kamala Harris visited Puerto Rico on Friday to promote more solar power on the island, even as residents continue struggling to rebuild basic power infrastructure and demonstrators took to the streets to protest her visit.

The vice president visited a family home in San Juan with Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm, Department of Housing and Urban Development Deputy Secretary Adrianne Todman and Puerto Rico Gov. Pedro Pierluisi.   

Harris and Granholm promoted the implementation of rooftop solar panel electric systems on homes in the area. ...
Daily Mail
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Kamala Harris Marks First Visit to Puerto Rico as Vice President, Riling Some in the US Territory
Friday, 22 March 2024 02:00 PM EDT
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) — U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris arrived in Puerto Rico on Friday as part of a whirlwind trip to tout the federal aid the U.S. territory has received following deadly hurricanes and attend a Democratic fundraiser.

Her visit comes days after U.S. President Joe Biden launched a campaign targeting Latino voters ahead of the November general elections. While those in Puerto Rico cannot vote in U.S. presidential elections despite being U.S. citizens, more than 5 million Puerto Ricans live in the U.S. mainland.  ...

Hours before Harris’ arrival, a couple dozen protesters gathered in Puerto Rico’s capital to decry the island’s territorial status and demand a cease-fire in the Israel-Hamas war.

“We find her presence disrespectful,” said Joselyn Velázquez, protest spokeswoman, as a group around her waved Palestinian flags.

Nearby, one demonstrator stood on a U.S. flag while others gathered additional U.S. flags and set them on fire.

“She is not welcome here,” said one protester.

Read more: Kamala Harris Marks First Visit to Puerto Rico as Vice President, Riling Some in the US Territory | Newsmax.com
Newsmax

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Rooftop solar?

The most recent disasters in Puerto Rico were hurricanes. Now folks there would have to shell out crazy money for something to watch go flying during the next big storm?

Oh Kamala, you're so clueless. If you gave a damn, you would have visited in a year when there is no election.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

IIRC, Puerto Rico has had several referenda about becoming independent. The folks wanting to be independent can't get it to pass.

Harris and Granholm promoted the implementation of rooftop solar panel electric systems on homes in the area. ...

Not a great idea in hurricane and tropical storm country. Not that Kammie or Granholm have relevant education or experience.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mountaineer

https://twitter.com/BonillaJL/status/1771521980350480837
------------------------
Kamala Harris mindlessly dances to song protesting her visit to US colony of Puerto Rico, stops clapping once her aide translates it.
🎵 "We want to know, Kamala, what did you come here for? We want to know what you think of the colony."

https://twitter.com/upholdreality/status/1771562067494830531
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 07:04:22 pm by mountaineer »

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Demonstrators wanting island to be a state and demanding a Gaza ceasefire says VP is 'not welcome here' ...

Puerto Rico shouldn't be "a state".
It should be an independent nation.
Cut it loose and let it go.

Online LMAO

Yup
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online libertybele

Demonstrators wanting island to be a state and demanding a Gaza ceasefire says VP is 'not welcome here' ...

Too bad that burning the American flag is no longer a crime.  How did that unravel?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online the OlLine Rebel

Too bad that burning the American flag is no longer a crime.  How did that unravel?

I don’t understand how desiring statehood and burning US flag go hand in hand.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online LMAO

I don’t understand how desiring statehood and burning US flag go hand in hand.

@the OlLine Rebel

Don’t kill their buzz
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

I doubt they truly desire independence, if it means no more gazillion$ in US taxpayer money.