Author Topic: More than 189,000 aliens arrived at southern border in February: CBP  (Read 230 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
More than 189,000 aliens arrived at southern border in February: CBP
House Republicans seized on the report, contending that the figures marked up an uptick in illegal crossings both over the prior February and over January 2024.

By Ben Whedon
Published: March 22, 2024 3:46pm

U.S. Customs and Border Protection on Friday confirmed that law enforcement had recorded 189,922 border encounters along the Mexican frontier in February.

Of those, 140,644 encounters took place between ports of entry. CBP also highlighted 434 recues conducted by the Border Patrol in the same month.

"Despite the challenges we are facing along the southwest border, as well as the positive trends of increasing levels of trade and travel, CBP continues to surge enforcement to stop dangerous drugs from entering the country; our agents and officers interdicted 294% more methamphetamine, 164% more heroin, and 140% more cocaine in February than January," Senior Official Performing the Duties of the Commissioner Troy Miller. "It is essential that we provide our personnel with the resources they need to continue to expand this critical work."

House Republicans seized on the report, contending that the figures marked up an uptick in illegal crossings both over the prior February and over January 2024. House Homeland Security Chairman Mark Green, in a press release, noted that the 189,922 figure was 21% higher from the February 2023 data and a 7% increase from January 2024. CBP reported 176,205 border encounters along the southwest land border in January 2024.

https://justthenews.com/government/security/more-189000-aliens-arrived-southern-border-february-cbp
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: More than 189,000 aliens arrived at southern border in February: CBP
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2024, 01:37:08 pm »

House Republicans seized on the report, contending that the figures marked up an uptick in illegal crossings both over the prior February and over January 2024.

So what?  There isn't enough spine in the republicans in congress to do anything about it except to use it to bluster and get their names in the media.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: More than 189,000 aliens arrived at southern border in February: CBP
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2024, 08:47:26 pm »
Folks, there will literally be "no end to this".

Unless the common people "arm up", go to the border, and stop them.

Governor Abbott, start deputizing your law-abiding citizen gun owners.