Author Topic: Strange structures discovered in the Pacific could change our understanding of Earth  (Read 431 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Strange structures discovered in the Pacific could change our understanding of Earth
Story by Harriet Brewis

New Study Reveals That the Pacific Ocean Floor Is Being Ripped Apart
Scientists believe they’ve found a window into the dawn of time on Earth, and it’s hidden beneath the Pacific Ocean.

A team led by geophysicist Simon Lamb, of the University of Wellington and scientist Cornel de Ronde, of GNS Science, said the key to our past lies in a remote corner of South Africa and way down on the seafloor off the coast of New Zealand.

So what do these two sites, on opposite sides of the world, have in common?

Together, they shed light on the world in its infancy, and offer unexpected clues about the origins of the planet we know today – and possibly life itself.

Writing for The Conversation, the scientists explained that their work began after de Ronde created a new, detailed geological map of an area known as the Barberton Greenstone Belt, which lies in South Africa’s highveld region.

“The geological formations in this region have proved difficult to decipher, despite many attempts,” the pair write.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/strange-structures-discovered-in-the-pacific-could-change-our-understanding-of-earth/ar-BB1k4Fym?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=6ca90ebfefdc4f96bf83079f8597f5b7&ei=40
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NONSENSE!!  Even then it had to have been global warming! :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson