Author Topic: Biden admin tackles tough problem of McDonald's ice cream machine repairs  (Read 584 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NEWS ANALYSIS Mar 16, 2024
Biden admin tackles tough problem of McDonald's ice cream machine repairs
The Biden administration is set to crack down on why McDonald's ice cream machines are always broken.

Biden admin tackles tough problem of McDonald's ice cream machine repairs

Hayden Cunningham
Mar 16, 2024

The Biden administration has decided to focus its attention on addressing one of the biggest problems facing our country: broken McDonald’s ice cream machines.

For both loyal McDonald's customers and social media users, it's no secret that encountering an "out of order" ice cream machine has become a running joke and meme. It is not uncommon for customers to wait in the McDonald’s drive-thru for an ice cream cone, only to find that the location’s machine is broken.

This frustration stems largely from the fact that McDonald's employs ice cream machines from a specific manufacturer that requires only their technicians to have authorization to perform repairs. Consequently, when a machine breaks down, locations are left grappling with long wait times as they are forced to be added to a lengthy repair queue.

https://thepostmillennial.com/biden-admin-tackles-tough-problem-of-mcdonalds-ice-cream-machine-repairs?utm_campaign=64487#google_vignette
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

This is what happens when a bunch of Gen Zers are actually running things in this freakin' freakshow administration.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Time to pass a "Right To Repair" law for Ice Cream machines.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online roamer_1

Well sorta. I've fixed those machines on the QT. The manager just paid me cash.

Mostly they suck to clean. 9 times out of ten, that's all it is. The rest of the time the motor blew because of the first reason.

It ain't that the managers can't fix em. It's that they don't want to pay out of pocket and go around the service agreement.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Time to pass a "Right To Repair" law for Ice Cream machines.
Like John Deere agricultural equipment?

Yeah, it got bad when there was a software or other problem, because guys in the middle of planting had to stop and wait (sometimes weeks) for a factory tech. That started to cost them sales real quick, even among hardcore John Deere guys. That's been changed a bit, since.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Like John Deere agricultural equipment?

Yeah, it got bad when there was a software or other problem, because guys in the middle of planting had to stop and wait (sometimes weeks) for a factory tech. That started to cost them sales real quick, even among hardcore John Deere guys. That's been changed a bit, since.

Exactly what I meant.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Exactly what I meant.
I would think Micky D's could find people who are willing to tech up just about the whole store, if they wanted to spring for their training.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
When you have a one vendor contract that disallows service work on the over complicated exclusive model and that vendor takes their time showing up and/or don't have the parts what is the operator to do? Amazingly other businesses that use different models of Taylor machines or makes don't seem to have this repetitive issue. Just like anything else follow the money and see which McD Corp execs are receiving "compensation" from Taylor for locking the franchises into having to purchase these shit machines from Taylor.